The Memphis Grizzlies (22-14) are 4.5-point favorites as they attempt to extend a three-game win streak when they host the San Antonio Spurs (14-19) on Friday, December 31, 2021 at FedExForum. The matchup airs at 8:00 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is set at 224.5.
Grizzlies vs. Spurs Predictions
Grizzlies vs. Spurs Betting Odds
Grizzlies vs. Spurs Last 10 Games
- Memphis covered the spread five times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 7-3 record straight-up in those games.
- Memphis and its opponents have combined to hit the over in five of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Grizzlies games averaged 5.0 fewer points (219.5) than this matchup’s point total.
- The Grizzlies’ per-game scoring average across their past 10 games is 1.5 points higher than their season-long average.
- San Antonio is 6-4 overall and 7-3-0 against the spread in its last 10 contests.
- San Antonio’s last 10 contests saw seven go over the total.
- The past 10 Spurs games averaged 1.5 fewer points (223.0) than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Spurs have scored 9.1 more points per contest compared to their 111.5 PPG season-long scoring average.
Grizzlies vs. Spurs Betting Trends
- Memphis is 21-15-0 against the spread this season.
- In games this season when favored by 4.5 points or more, the Grizzlies have gone 5-5 against the spread.
- This season, Memphis’ games have hit the over 18 times.
- The Grizzlies are shooting 45.1% from the field this season, 0.9 percentage points lower than the 46.0% the Spurs allow to opponents.
- In games Memphis shoots higher than 46.0% from the field, it is 14-2 against the spread and 15-1 overall.
- San Antonio has gone 20-13-0 against the spread this year.
- The Spurs have an ATS record of 11-2 when playing as at least 4.5-point underdogs.
- Games involving San Antonio have hit the over 17 times this year.
- This season, San Antonio has a 13-5 record against the spread and a 10-8 record overall in games the team collectively shoots better than 45.7% from the field.
Grizzlies vs. Spurs Over/Under Trends
- A total of 17 Memphis games this season have gone over Friday’s over/under of 224.5 points.
- In San Antonio’s 33 games this season, 15 have finished with more combined scoring than Friday’s total of 224.5.
- The Grizzlies average 110.9 points per game against the Spurs’ 111.5, amounting to 2.1 points under the game’s over/under of 224.5.
- These two teams give up a combined 218.1 points per game, 6.4 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- The Grizzlies have seen a 220.1 average over/under in their games this season, 4.4 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this matchup is 4.9 points more than the average over/under in Spurs’ games this season (219.6 points).
Grizzlies Team Leaders
- Ja Morant: 24.5 PTS, 6.6 AST, 1.5 STL, 47.8 FG%, 38.3 3PT% (41-for-107)
- Jaren Jackson Jr.: 16.4 PTS, 1.8 BLK, 41.5 FG%, 32.5 3PT% (66-for-203)
- Desmond Bane: 17.3 PTS, 46.7 FG%, 42.0 3PT% (103-for-245)
- Steven Adams: 7.0 PTS, 9.0 REB, 53.4 FG%
- De’Anthony Melton: 10.5 PTS, 1.7 STL, 41.5 FG%, 34.2 3PT% (50-for-146)
Spurs Team Leaders
- Dejounte Murray: 17.8 PTS, 8.4 REB, 8.8 AST, 2.0 STL, 43.8 FG%, 34.1 3PT% (43-for-126)
- Derrick White: 14.3 PTS, 5.3 AST, 1.2 STL, 42.3 FG%, 29.1 3PT% (51-for-175)
- Keldon Johnson: 15.3 PTS, 47.8 FG%, 47.2 3PT% (50-for-106)
- Jakob Poeltl: 12.0 PTS, 8.5 REB, 1.4 BLK, 60.1 FG%
- Lonnie Walker IV: 11.2 PTS, 40.2 FG%, 30.9 3PT% (50-for-162)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.