The Los Angeles Lakers (17-19) host the Portland Trail Blazers (13-21) after losing three straight home games. The Lakers are favored by 5.5 points in the contest, which begins at 10:30 PM ET on Friday, December 31, 2021. The over/under is set at 231 for the matchup.
Lakers vs. Trail Blazers Predictions
Lakers vs. Trail Blazers Betting Odds
Lakers vs. Trail Blazers Last 10 Games
- Los Angeles covered the spread six times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 4-6 record straight-up in those games.
- The final score of the last 10 Los Angeles games has exceeded the set total four times.
- The Lakers’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 221.3 points scored. That’s 9.7 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Lakers have a points-per-game average 2.6 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Portland has a 2-8 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread three times in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Portland games have exceeded the set total four times.
- The Trail Blazers’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 220.1 points scored. That’s 10.9 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Trail Blazers’ per-game scoring average over their last 10 games is 105.4, 2.9 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Lakers vs. Trail Blazers Betting Trends
- Los Angeles has covered the spread 15 times in 36 games with a set spread.
- In games they have played as 5.5-point favorites or more, the Lakers have an ATS record of 3-7.
- Games involving Los Angeles have hit the over 19 times this season.
- The Lakers make 46.2% of their shots from the field this season, which is 1.4 percentage points lower than the Trail Blazers have allowed to their opponents (47.6%).
- Los Angeles is 9-7 against the spread and 12-4 overall when it shoots better than 47.6% from the field.
- Portland has gone 12-21-1 against the spread this year.
- The Trail Blazers have an ATS record of 1-4 when playing as at least 5.5-point underdogs.
- Portland games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 16 times this season.
- The Trail Blazers are shooting 45.0% from the field, 0.3% higher than the 44.7% the Lakers’ opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Portland has a 6-10-1 record against the spread and an 8-9 record overall in games the team collectively shoots above 44.7% from the field.
Lakers vs. Trail Blazers Over/Under Trends
- A total of 15 Los Angeles games this season have gone over Friday’s total of 231 points.
- Nine of Portland’s games ended with a combined score higher than 231 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 218.6 points per game, 12.4 points fewer than the point total of 231 for this contest.
- These two teams give up a combined 224.3 points per game, 6.7 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the over/under in Lakers games is 10.7 points fewer than the over/under of 231 points in this contest.
- The over/under for this game is 10.0 points more than the average over/under in Trail Blazers’ games this season (221.0 points).
Lakers Team Leaders
- Russell Westbrook: 19.7 PTS, 8.1 REB, 8.3 AST, 1.2 STL, 45.5 FG%, 32.1 3PT% (42-for-131)
- Anthony Davis: 23.3 PTS, 9.9 REB, 1.2 STL, 2.0 BLK, 52.1 FG%, 17.9 3PT% (10-for-56)
- LeBron James: 28.0 PTS, 7.3 REB, 6.8 AST, 1.7 STL, 1.1 BLK, 52.0 FG%, 36.9 3PT% (69-for-187)
- Carmelo Anthony: 13.3 PTS, 42.0 FG%, 38.6 3PT% (85-for-220)
- Malik Monk: 10.7 PTS, 46.6 FG%, 36.8 3PT% (56-for-152)
Trail Blazers Team Leaders
- Damian Lillard: 24.2 PTS, 7.3 AST, 40.4 FG%, 33.0 3PT% (91-for-276)
- Jusuf Nurkic: 13.3 PTS, 9.9 REB, 1.1 STL, 57.0 FG%, 20.0 3PT% (5-for-25)
- Norman Powell: 18.4 PTS, 46.0 FG%, 40.5 3PT% (66-for-163)
- Larry Nance Jr.: 6.8 PTS, 1.1 STL, 51.9 FG%, 29.8 3PT% (17-for-57)
- Robert Covington: 6.7 PTS, 1.2 STL, 1.2 BLK, 39.5 FG%, 33.1 3PT% (49-for-148)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.