The World Series opens between the Houston Astros and Philadelphia Phillies at Minute Maid Park on Friday, beginning at 8:03 PM ET.
The Astros are favored at home (-166) against the Phillies (+142). The Houston Astros will hand the ball to Justin Verlander (18-4, 1.75 ERA), who is looking for win No. 19 on the season, and the Phillies will counter with Aaron Nola (11-13, 3.25 ERA). The total for this game is set at 6.5.
Astros vs. Phillies Predictions
Astros vs. Phillies Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Astros vs. Phillies Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Houston went 7-1 across the eight games it was a moneyline favorite in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings — all had a set run total — the Astros and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total three times.
- Houston has a 5-5-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In seven games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Philadelphia has a record of 5-2.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Phillies and their opponents are 6-4-0 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Over its last 10 games, Philadelphia is 7-3-0 against the spread.
Astros vs. Phillies Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Justin Verlander
- The Astros have gone 18-12-0 against the spread when Verlander starts.
- The Astros have been favored on the moneyline in 28 of Verlander’s starts this season, and they went 21-7 in those matchups.
- In Verlander’s 28 starts, his team is 22-8.
- Verlander’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in eight of 30 games.
Projected starter: Aaron Nola
- Nola’s team is 15-20-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- His team has won 25% of his starts when they are underdogs on the moneyline (2-6).
- In games Nola has started, his team is 17-18.
- Games started by Nola have a 18-17-0 record at hitting the over this season.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Yordan Alvarez paces the Astros with 37 home runs while racking up a team-high batting average of .306.
- In MLB play, Alvarez ranks sixth in homers and 15th in RBI.
- Alex Bregman has 38 doubles, 23 home runs and 87 walks while batting .259.
- Bregman ranks 50th in homers and 21st in RBI this year.
- Bregman takes a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .348 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Jose Altuve has 39 doubles, 28 home runs and 66 walks while batting .298.
- Altuve brings a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .125 with a double and two walks.
- Kyle Tucker has put up 107 runs batted in to pace his team.
Phillies Batting Leaders
- Kyle Schwarber leads Philadelphia in home runs with 46 and runs batted in with 94.
- In all of MLB, Schwarber is second in homers and 19th in RBI.
- J.T. Realmuto has 138 hits and an OBP of .340 to go with a slugging percentage of .476 this season.
- Realmuto ranks 55th in homers and 33rd in RBI among all major league hitters this season.
- Realmuto takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .235 with a home run, three walks and an RBI.
- Rhys Hoskins has 145 hits this season and a slash line of .246/.332/.462.
- Hoskins has hit safely in two straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .222 with four home runs, two walks and seven RBI.
- Alec Bohm leads Philadelphia in batting average (.278) this season while adding 13 home runs and 72 RBI.
Where To Watch Astros vs. Phillies
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.