Wednesday’s NHL matchup between the Edmonton Oilers (3-3-0) and the St. Louis Blues (3-1-0) at Enterprise Center in St. Louis, Missouri is projected to be a tight outing. The Oilers have -116 moneyline odds to win against the Blues (-104) in the game, which begins at 8:00 PM ET on ESPN+, BSMW, and SportsNet.
Oilers vs. Blues Predictions
Oilers vs. Blues Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Oilers vs. Blues Betting Trends
- The Oilers won 67.2% of their games when favored on the moneyline a season ago (45-22).
- In games it has played with moneyline odds of -116 or shorter last season, Edmonton won 68.3% of its games (41-19).
- Based on the moneyline in this game, the Oilers’ implied win probability is 53.7%.
- The Oilers’ 285 total goals (3.5 per game) made them the seventh-best scoring team in the NHL last season.
- The Oilers allowed 251 total goals (3.1 per game), ranking 18th in NHL play in goals against.
- The Blues were an underdog in 37 games last season, with 18 upset wins (48.6%).
- St. Louis had a record of 16-17 in games when oddsmakers listed them as -104 or longer on the moneyline last season.
- The win probability for the Blues, implied from the moneyline, is 51.0%.
- The Blues’ 309 goals last season (3.8 per game) ranked them third in the NHL.
- The Blues’ total of 239 goals allowed (2.9 per game) was 11th in the league.
Oilers vs. Blues Over/Under Trends
- Edmonton and its opponent combined for more than Wednesday’s total of 6.5 goals 52 times last season.
- A total of 48 of St. Louis’ games ended with over 6.5 goals last season.
- The total for this game (6.5) is 0.8 less than the combined scoring averages last season for the Oilers (3.48) and Blues (3.77).
- This game’s over/under is 0.5 more than the 6.0 goals these two teams conceded per game combined.
Oilers Team Leaders
- Leon Draisaitl: three goals and eight assists
- Connor McDavid: five goals and five assists
- Ryan Nugent-Hopkins: three goals and four assists
- Jack Campbell: 3-2-0 record, .895 save percentage, 15 goals allowed
Blues Team Leaders 2021-22
- Vladimir Tarasenko’s 34 goals and 48 assists in 75 games for St. Louis last season added up to 82 total points.
- Robert Thomas helped lead the offense for St. Louis last season with 20 goals and 56 assists.
- Pavel Buchnevich was a key contributor on offense for St. Louis with 30 goals and 45 assists.
- Jordan Binnington was 18-14-4 last season, giving up 112 goals (3.1 goals against average) with a .901 save percentage (33rd in the league).
Where To Watch Oilers vs. Blues
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.