The Edmonton Oilers (2-3-0) have -122 moneyline odds to win when they host a projected tight matchup with the Pittsburgh Penguins (4-0-1), who have +102 moneyline odds. The outing on Monday starts at 8:00 PM ET from Rogers Place on NHL Network, SN1, TVAS, and SportsNet PT.
Oilers vs. Penguins Predictions
Oilers vs. Penguins Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Oilers vs. Penguins Betting Trends
- The Oilers have gone 2-3 this season when listed as a moneyline favorite.
- Edmonton is 1-3 (victorious in just 25.0% of its games) when it has played with moneyline odds of -122 or shorter.
- The Oilers have a 55.0% chance (based on the moneyline’s implied probability) to win this matchup.
- The Oilers rank 22nd in the league with 16 goals scored (3.2 per game).
- Defensively, the Oilers are allowing 17 total goals (3.4 per game) to rank 14th in NHL play.
- The Penguins are an underdog in their first game this season.
- Pittsburgh has not been a longer underdog on the moneyline than the +102 odds on them winning this game.
- The Penguins are the league’s highest scorers, with 26 goals (5.2 per game).
- The Penguins have one of the top defenses in the league, conceding 11 total goals (only 2.2 per game), third in the NHL.
Oilers vs. Penguins Over/Under Trends
- This season, three of Edmonton’s five games have gone over Monday’s total of 6.5 goals.
- Four of Pittsburgh’s games have finished with more than 6.5 goals this season.
- The Oilers score 3.20 goals per game, compared to the Penguins’ average of 5.20, adding up to 1.9 more goals than this contest’s over/under of 6.5.
- This game’s over/under is 0.9 more than the 5.6 goals these two teams allow per game combined.
Oilers Team Leaders
- Connor McDavid: five goals and five assists
- Leon Draisaitl: two goals and six assists
- Ryan Nugent-Hopkins: two goals and three assists
- Jack Campbell: 2-2-0 record, .889 save percentage, 12 goals conceded
Penguins Team Leaders
- Sidney Crosby: three goals and seven assists
- Danton Heinen: three goals and three assists
- Jake Guentzel: three goals and two assists
- Tristan Jarry: 4-0-0 record, .941 save percentage, eight goals conceded
Where To Watch Oilers vs. Penguins
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.