The South Alabama Jaguars (5-2) will play their Sun Belt-rival, the Arkansas State Red Wolves (2-6) in a matchup on Saturday, October 29, 2022 at Centennial Bank Stadium. The Jaguars are heavily favored in this contest, with the line sitting at 11.5 points. The over/under in this contest is 55.5 points.
South Alabama vs. Arkansas State Predictions
South Alabama vs. Arkansas State Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
South Alabama vs. Arkansas State: Last 3 Games
- South Alabama has no wins against the spread and is 2-1 overall over its last three games.
- In its past three games, South Alabama has hit the over once.
- The Jaguars have averaged a total of 48.5 combined points over their last three games, seven less than this game’s over/under of 55.5.
- Arkansas State has one win against the spread, and is 2-1 overall, in its past three contests.
- In its past three games, Arkansas State has gone over the total twice.
- The Red Wolves have averaged a total of 53 combined points over their last three games, 2.5 fewer than this game’s total of 55.5.
South Alabama vs. Arkansas State Betting Trends
- South Alabama has covered the spread in a game four times this season (4-3-0).
- In games they have played as 11.5-point favorites or more, the Jaguars have an ATS record of 2-1.
- Games involving South Alabama have hit the over four times this season.
- South Alabama has won four of the five games it was the moneyline favorite this season (80%).
- South Alabama has played three times as a moneyline favorite with odds of -453 or shorter, and earned a victory in each game.
- Arkansas State have registered a 6-2-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 11.5-point or bigger underdogs, Arkansas State owns an ATS record of 2-1.
- Arkansas State games have gone over the total five times this season.
- Arkansas State has been listed as the underdog six times this season and has failed to win any of those games.
- Arkansas State has been at least a +342 moneyline underdog three times this season, but lost all of those games.
South Alabama vs. Arkansas State: Over/Under Trends
- A total of South Alabama games this season have gone over Saturday’s total of 55.5 points.
- In Arkansas State’s eight games this season, have finished with more combined scoring than Saturday’s total of 55.5.
- Together, the two teams combine for 60.5 points per game, five points more than the point total of 55.5 for this contest.
- These two teams surrender a combined 50.8 points per game, 4.7 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- This season the average total for Jaguars games is 53.4 points, 2.1 fewer than the over/under of 55.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 2.6 points separates the average total points bet in Red Wolves’ games (58.1 points) and this matchup’s over/under (55.5 points).
South Alabama Players to Watch
- Carter Bradley leads South Alabama with 1,909 passing yards (272.7 ypg) on 155-of-238 passing with 13 touchdowns compared to five interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, La’Damian Webb, has carried the ball 99 times for 482 yards (68.9 per game), with six touchdowns this year. He’s also caught 13 passes for 139 yards (19.9 per game) and one touchdown.
- This season Omni Wells has racked up 156 yards (22.3 per game) on 34 carries.
- Jalen Wayne’s 563 receiving yards (80.4 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s collected 40 receptions and five touchdowns.
- Caullin Lacy has caught 42 passes for 540 yards (77.1 yards per game) and three touchdowns this year.
- Devin Voisin’s 35 grabs have turned into 438 yards (62.6 ypg) and one touchdown.
Arkansas State Players to Watch
- James Blackman has 1,695 passing yards (211.9 ypg) to lead Arkansas State, completing 69.3% of his passes and throwing 11 touchdown passes and one interception this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Johnnie Lang Jr., has carried the ball 82 times for 313 yards (39.1 per game), with two touchdowns this year. He’s also caught 15 passes for 156 yards (19.5 per game) and two touchdowns.
- This season Brian Snead has racked up 277 yards (34.6 per game) on 74 attempts with six touchdowns.
- Seydou Traore’s 474 receiving yards (59.3 yards per game) lead the team. He has 31 receptions with three touchdowns.
- Champ Flemings has racked up 352 receiving yards (44 yards per game) and one touchdown, hauling in 29 passes this year.
- Jeff Foreman’s 16 receptions this season have resulted in 321 yards (40.1 ypg) and four touchdowns.
Where To Watch South Alabama vs. Arkansas State
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.