The Rice Owls (4-3) and the Charlotte 49ers (1-7) will meet in a matchup of C-USA teams on Saturday, October 29, 2022 at Rice Stadium. The 49ers will need to play a near perfect game to pull off an upset, bookmakers have them as 16.5-point underdogs. The over/under in this contest is 61.5 points.
Rice vs. Charlotte Predictions
Rice vs. Charlotte Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Rice vs. Charlotte: Last 3 Games
- Over its last three contests, Rice has two wins against the spread, and is 2-1 overall.
- In its past three games, Rice has hit the over twice.
- The Owls have averaged a total of 54.5 combined points over their last three games, seven less than this matchup’s over/under of 61.5.
- Charlotte has one win against the spread, and is 2-1 overall, over its past three contests.
- In its past three contests, Charlotte has gone over the total once.
- The 49ers and their opponents have combined to score an average of 61.5 combined points over their last three games, the same as the over/under posted in this matchup.
Rice vs. Charlotte Betting Trends
- Rice is 5-2-0 against the spread this season.
- This season, Rice’s games have hit the over six times.
- Rice has been the moneyline favorite just two other times so far this season, and they won both of the games.
- Rice has yet to play as a moneyline favorite of -806 or shorter.
- Charlotte has covered the spread in a matchup two times this season (2-6-0).
- In games they have played as 16.5-point or bigger underdogs, Charlotte owns an ATS record of 2-2.
- Charlotte games have gone over the total five times this season.
- This season, Charlotte has been the underdog six times and won one of those games.
- Charlotte is 0-1 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +550 or more on the moneyline.
Rice vs. Charlotte: Over/Under Trends
- A total of Rice games this season have gone over Saturday’s total of 61.5 points.
- There have been Charlotte games that have ended with a combined score higher than 61.5 points this season.
- The Owls average 30 points per game against the 49ers’ 23.8, totaling 7.7 points under the matchup’s total of 61.5.
- These two teams give up a combined 73.7 points per game, 12.2 more than this contest’s over/under.
- This season the average total for Owls games is 54.6 points, 6.9 fewer than the over/under of 61.5 points for this contest.
- 49ers games have an over/under of 61.4 points this season, 0.1 points fewer than the total points bet for this game.
Rice Players to Watch
- TJ McMahon leads Rice with 1,485 passing yards (212.1 ypg) on 113-of-191 passing with 13 touchdowns compared to 10 interceptions this season. He also adds 101 rushing yards (14.4 ypg) on 42 carries while scoring two touchdowns on the ground.
- Cameron Montgomery has carried the ball 41 times for a team-high 298 yards (42.6 per game) this year.
- This season Ari Broussard has rushed for 251 yards (35.9 per game) on 91 carries with nine touchdowns.
- Luke McCaffrey’s 555 receiving yards (79.3 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s registered 43 receptions and five touchdowns.
- Bradley Rozner has grabbed 22 passes for 474 yards (67.7 yards per game) and five touchdowns this year.
- Isaiah Esdale has hauled in 19 grabs for 239 yards (34.1 ypg) this season.
Charlotte Players to Watch
- Chris Reynolds has thrown for 1,533 yards (191.6 ypg) to lead Charlotte, completing 63% of his passes and recording 14 touchdown passes and nine interceptions this season.
- Shadrick Byrd’s team-high 354 rushing yards (44.3 per game) have come on 87 carries, with three touchdowns this year.
- This season Chavon McEachern has piled up 252 yards (31.5 per game) on 56 attempts with one touchdown.
- Elijah Spencer’s 718 receiving yards (89.8 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s totaled 38 receptions and four touchdowns.
- Grant Dubose has collected 501 receiving yards (62.6 yards per game) and seven touchdowns, reeling in 42 passes this year.
- Victor Tucker’s 35 catches have netted him 321 yards (40.1 ypg) and five touchdowns.
Where To Watch Rice vs. Charlotte
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.