A pair of MAC teams meet when the Miami (OH) RedHawks (3-5) take on the Akron Zips (1-7) on Saturday, October 29, 2022 at InfoCision Stadium-Summa Field. The RedHawks are favored by 8.5 points. The over/under in this outing is 46.5 points.
Miami (OH) vs. Akron Predictions
Miami (OH) vs. Akron Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Miami (OH) vs. Akron: Last 3 Games
- Miami (OH) has covered the spread once, and is 1-2 overall, in its past three games.
- Miami (OH) has not hit the over in its past three games.
- The RedHawks and their opponents have combined to score an average of 48.5 points in their last three games, two more than the 46.5 over/under in this matchup.
- Akron has covered the spread twice, and is 1-2 overall, over its last three contests.
- In Akron’s past three contests, it has hit the over once.
- The Zips and their opponents have combined to score an average of 61.5 combined points over their last three games, 15 more than the 46.5 over/under in this matchup.
Miami (OH) vs. Akron Betting Trends
- Miami (OH) has covered the spread three times in eight games with a set spread.
- The RedHawks have not covered the spread when they are at least 8.5-point favorites (0-1).
- Miami (OH)’s games have gone over the total once this season.
- Miami (OH) has put together a 1-2 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 33.3% of those games).
- Miami (OH) has played as a moneyline favorite of -340 or shorter in only one game this season, which it won.
- Akron has covered the spread four times this season (4-4-0).
- In games as an underdog by 8.5 points or more so far this year, the Zips are 4-3 against the spread.
- This season, Akron games have hit the over three times.
- Akron has been the underdog in seven games this season, and it has failed to win any of those contests.
- Akron has not won as an underdog of +266 or more on the moneyline this season in six such games.
Miami (OH) vs. Akron: Over/Under Trends
- This season, of Miami (OH)’s eight games have gone over Saturday’s total of 46.5 points.
- In Akron’s eight games this season, have finished with more combined scoring than Saturday’s total of 46.5.
- The RedHawks average 18.5 points per game against the Zips’ 19.8, amounting to 8.2 points under the game’s over/under of 46.5.
- This game’s point total is 14.8 fewer points than the 61.3 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2022.
- The RedHawks have seen a 50.8 average over/under in their games this season, 4.3 points more than the over/under in this contest.
- A difference of 11.4 points separates the average total points bet in Zips’ games (57.9 points) and this matchup’s over/under (46.5 points).
Miami (OH) Players to Watch
- Aveon Smith has thrown for 735 yards (91.9 ypg) to lead Miami (OH), completing 52.5% of his passes and collecting seven touchdown passes and four interceptions this season. He’s also run for 314 yards (39.3 ypg) on 63 carries with three rushing touchdowns.
- The team’s top rusher, Keyon Mozee, has carried the ball 87 times for 376 yards (47 per game), with one touchdown this year.
- Mac Hippenhammer’s 360 receiving yards (45 yards per game) lead the team. He has 29 receptions with four touchdowns.
- Miles Marshall has hauled in 13 passes for 232 yards (29 yards per game) and one touchdown this year.
- Jack Coldiron’s 17 catches have turned into 177 yards (22.1 ypg) and one touchdown.
Akron Players to Watch
- DJ Iron has been a dual threat to lead Akron in both passing and rushing. He has 2,186 passing yards (273.3 ypg), completing 67.7% of his passes and collecting eight touchdown passes and five interceptions this season. He’s rushed for 222 yards (27.8 ypg) on 110 carries with four rushing touchdowns.
- This season Cam Wiley has rushed for 210 yards (26.3 per game) on 61 carries with two touchdowns.
- Shocky Jacques-Louis’ 647 receiving yards (80.9 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s totaled 52 receptions and two touchdowns.
- Alex Adams has put up a 470-yard season so far (58.8 receiving yards per game) with four touchdowns, hauling in 33 passes.
- Daniel George’s 45 catches this season have resulted in 467 yards (58.4 ypg).
Where To Watch Miami (OH) vs. Akron
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.