The Iowa Hawkeyes (3-4) will meet a fellow Big Ten opponent, the Northwestern Wildcats (1-6) in a matchup on Saturday, October 29, 2022 at Kinnick Stadium. The Wildcats are considerable underdogs in this one, with the spread sitting at 11 points. The over/under in this contest is 35.5 points.
Iowa vs. Northwestern Predictions
Iowa vs. Northwestern Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Iowa vs. Northwestern: Last 3 Games
- Over its last three games, Iowa has one win against the spread, and is 0-3 overall.
- Iowa has gone over the total once in its past three games.
- The Hawkeyes total over the last three games is 7.2 points more than the 35.5 over/under given for this matchup.
- Northwestern has two wins against the spread, and is 0-3 overall, over its past three games.
- Northwestern has gone over the total twice in its past three games.
- The Wildcats have averaged a total of 48.8 combined points in their last three games, 13.3 greater than this matchup’s over/under of 35.5.
Iowa vs. Northwestern Betting Trends
- Iowa has gone 3-4-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 11-point favorites or more, the Hawkeyes have a perfect ATS record of 1-0.
- This season, Iowa’s games have hit the over twice.
- Iowa is 3-1 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 75% of those games).
- Iowa has played as a moneyline favorite of -427 or shorter in just one game this season, which it won.
- Northwestern has covered the spread in a matchup three times this season (3-4-0).
- In games this season when an underdog by 11 points or more, Northwestern is 3-0 against the spread.
- Northwestern’s games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under three times this year.
- Northwestern has entered the game as an underdog four times this season and won once.
- Northwestern has a record of 1-2 in games where sportsbooks have them as underdogs of at least +327 on the moneyline.
Iowa vs. Northwestern: Over/Under Trends
- This season, Iowa and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s total of 35.5 points times.
- There have been Northwestern games that have ended with a combined score higher than 35.5 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 32.6 points per game, 2.9 points fewer than the total of 35.5 for this matchup.
- These two teams surrender a combined 44.2 points per game, 8.7 more than this contest’s over/under.
- The Hawkeyes have seen a 40.4 average over/under in their games this season, 4.9 points more than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 16.5 points fewer than the average over/under in Wildcats’ games this season (52 points).
Iowa Players to Watch
- Spencer Petras has 989 passing yards (141.3 ypg) to lead Iowa, completing 53.1% of his passes and collecting two touchdown passes and five interceptions this season.
- Leshon Williams’ team-high 267 rushing yards (38.1 per game) have come on 73 carries, with two touchdowns this year.
- This season Kaleb Johnson has piled up 260 yards (37.1 per game) on 61 attempts with three touchdowns.
- Sam LaPorta’s team-leading 333 receiving yards (47.6 yards per game) have come on 36 receptions.
- Luke Lachey has totaled 163 receiving yards (23.3 yards per game) and one touchdown, hauling in 10 passes this year.
- Nico Ragaini’s 14 catches have yielded 159 yards (22.7 ypg).
Northwestern Players to Watch
- Ryan Hilinski leads Northwestern with 1,551 passing yards (221.6 ypg) on 139-of-242 passing with six touchdowns compared to six interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Evan Hull, has carried the ball 125 times for 547 yards (78.1 per game), with three touchdowns this year. He’s proven to be a dual threat, racking up 436 receiving yards (62.3 per game) on 40 catches with two receiving touchdowns.
- This season Cam Porter has piled up 197 yards (28.1 per game) on 60 attempts with two touchdowns.
- Malik Washington’s team-leading 448 receiving yards (64 yards per game) have come on 40 receptions with one touchdown.
- Donny Navarro’s 28 grabs have yielded 224 yards (32 ypg) and two touchdowns.
Where To Watch Iowa vs. Northwestern
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.