The No. 17 Illinois Fighting Illini (6-1) will face off against their Big Ten-rival, the Nebraska Cornhuskers (3-4) in a matchup on Saturday, October 29, 2022 at Memorial Stadium (Lincoln, NE). The Fighting Illini are considerable favorites in this one, with the spread sitting at 7 points. The over/under in this outing is 51.5 points.
Illinois vs. Nebraska Predictions
Illinois vs. Nebraska Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Illinois vs. Nebraska: Last 3 Games
- In its past three games, Illinois has two wins against the spread, and is 3-0 overall.
- Illinois has hit the over once in its past three games.
- The Fighting Illini average total over the last three games is 11.5 points fewer than the 51.5 over/under given for this matchup.
- Nebraska has covered the spread twice, and is 3-0 overall, over its past three contests.
- Nebraska has gone over the total once in its past three contests.
- The Cornhuskers have averaged a total of 56.2 combined points over their last three games, 4.7 greater than this game’s over/under of 51.5.
Illinois vs. Nebraska Betting Trends
- Illinois has covered the spread in a matchup five times this season (5-2-0).
- The Fighting Illini have a perfect 2-0 ATS record when playing as at least 7-point favorites.
- This season, Illinois’ games have hit the over twice.
- Illinois has been the moneyline favorite a total of four times this season, and they’ve won each of those games.
- Illinois has played as a moneyline favorite of -281 or shorter in just two games this season, and it won both.
- Nebraska is 2-5-0 against the spread this year.
- Nebraska has an ATS record of 1-1 when playing as at least 7-point underdogs.
- Nebraska’s games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under three times this year.
- Nebraska has lost both games it has played as underdogs this season.
- Nebraska has not won as an underdog of +226 or more on the moneyline this season in two such games.
Illinois vs. Nebraska: Over/Under Trends
- Illinois and its opponents have not combined to exceed Saturday’s over/under of 51.5 points this season.
- A total of of Nebraska’s games finished with a combined score over 51.5 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 55.7 points per game, 4.2 points more than the over/under of 51.5 for this game.
- The 40.2 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 11.3 fewer than the 51.5 over/under in this contest.
- On average, the over/under in Fighting Illini games is 7.3 points fewer than the over/under of 51.5 points in this matchup.
- A difference of 7.2 points separates the average total points bet in Cornhuskers’ games (58.7 points) and this game’s over/under (51.5 points).
Illinois Players to Watch
- Tommy DeVito leads Illinois with 1,412 passing yards (201.7 ypg) on 137-of-195 passing with 10 touchdowns compared to two interceptions this season.
- Chase Brown has carried the ball 192 times for a team-high 1,059 yards (151.3 per game), with four touchdowns this year. He’s also tacked on 15 catches for 107 yards (15.3 per game) and two touchdowns.
- This season Reggie Love III has piled up 31 carries for 150 yards (21.4 per game) and one touchdown.
- Pat Bryant’s 368 receiving yards (52.6 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s totaled 24 receptions and two touchdowns.
- Isaiah Williams has recorded 346 receiving yards (49.4 yards per game) and two touchdowns, reeling in 47 passes this year.
- Brian Hightower has hauled in 25 grabs for 302 yards (43.1 ypg) and one touchdown this season.
Nebraska Players to Watch
- Casey Thompson leads Nebraska with 1,851 passing yards (264.4 ypg) on 134-of-209 passing with 11 touchdowns compared to eight interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Anthony Grant, has carried the ball 144 times for 682 yards (97.4 per game), with six touchdowns this year.
- This season Ajay Allen has piled up 33 carries for 190 yards (27.1 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Trey Palmer’s 781 receiving yards (111.6 yards per game) lead the team. He has 47 receptions with five touchdowns.
- Marcus Washington has hauled in 21 passes for 296 yards (42.3 yards per game) this year.
- Oliver Martin’s nine receptions have yielded 180 yards (25.7 ypg) and one touchdown.
Where To Watch Illinois vs. Nebraska
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.