The East Carolina Pirates (4-3) will look to upset the BYU Cougars (4-4) on Friday, October 28, 2022 at LaVell Edwards Stadium. The Cougars are listed as favorites in this one, with the spread sitting at 3 points. The over/under for the contest is 60.5 points.
BYU vs. East Carolina Predictions
BYU vs. East Carolina Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
BYU vs. East Carolina: Last 3 Games
- BYU has no wins against the spread and is 0-3 overall over its last three games.
- In BYU’s past three games, it has gone over the total once.
- The Cougars have averaged a total of 58.5 combined points in their last three games, two less than this matchup’s over/under of 60.5.
- East Carolina has one win against the spread, and is 0-3 overall, in its past three contests.
- In East Carolina’s past three games, it has gone over the total once.
- The Pirates and their opponents have combined to score an average of 60.5 combined points in their last three games, the same as the over/under listed in this matchup.
BYU vs. East Carolina Betting Trends
- BYU has covered the spread in a matchup two times this season (2-6-0).
- In games they have played as 3-point favorites or more, the Cougars have an ATS record of 1-3.
- This season, five of BYU’s games have gone over the point total.
- BYU has won 66.7% of the games this season when it was the moneyline favorite (4-2).
- BYU is 0-1 (winning 75% of its games) when it have played as a moneyline favorite of -153 or shorter.
- East Carolina has covered the spread five times in eight games with a set total.
- In games they have played as 3-point or bigger underdogs, East Carolina owns an ATS record of 2-1.
- This year, four East Carolina games have gone over the point total.
- East Carolina has entered the game as an underdog three times this season and won once.
- East Carolina has entered four games this season as the underdog by +126 or more and is 1-1 in those contests.
BYU vs. East Carolina: Over/Under Trends
- BYU and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (60.5 points) times this season.
- This season, just two East Carolina games have ended with more combined scoring than Friday’s point total of 60.5.
- The point total for the contest of 60.5 is 2.7 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Cougars (30.1 points per game) and the Pirates (33.1 points per game).
- This matchup’s total is 4.3 fewer points than the 56.2 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2022.
- On average, the over/under in Cougars games is 3.4 points fewer than the over/under of 60.5 points in this matchup.
- Pirates games have an over/under of 55.6 points this season, 4.9 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
BYU Players to Watch
- Jaren Hall has thrown for 2,101 yards (262.6 ypg) to lead BYU, completing 65% of his passes and collecting 19 touchdown passes and three interceptions this season. He’s also contributed in the ground game with 124 rushing yards (15.5 ypg) on 50 carries.
- Christopher Brown Jr. has carried the ball 76 times for a team-high 459 yards (57.4 per game), with five touchdowns this year.
- This season Miles Davis has taken 26 carries for 165 yards (20.6 per game).
- Kody Epps’ team-high 459 receiving yards (57.4 yards per game) have come on 39 receptions with six touchdowns.
- Keanu Hill has caught 22 passes for 399 yards (49.9 yards per game) and four touchdowns this year.
- Puka Nacua’s 19 grabs have netted him 303 yards (37.9 ypg) and two touchdowns.
East Carolina Players to Watch
- Holton Ahlers has thrown for 2,435 yards (304.4 ypg) to lead East Carolina, completing 70.3% of his passes and collecting 18 touchdown passes and five interceptions this season. He’s also contributed in the ground game with 114 rushing yards (14.3 ypg) on 48 carries with three rushing touchdowns.
- The team’s top rusher, Keaton Mitchell, has carried the ball 101 times for 687 yards (85.9 per game), with eight touchdowns this year. He’s also caught 18 passes for 128 yards (16 per game).
- This season Marlon Gunn Jr. has rushed for 256 yards (32 per game) on 45 carries.
- Isaiah Winstead’s 808 receiving yards (101 yards per game) lead the team. He has 59 receptions with three touchdowns.
- C.J. Johnson has totaled 657 receiving yards (82.1 yards per game) and eight touchdowns, hauling in 40 passes this year.
- Ryan Jones’ 33 grabs are good enough for 344 yards (43 ypg) and four touchdowns.
Where To Watch BYU vs. East Carolina
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.