Saturday’s NHL action includes the Tampa Bay Lightning (2-3-0) hosting the New York Islanders (2-2-0) at Amalie Arena. The Islanders are underdogs (+112 on the moneyline) against the Lightning (-133) ahead of the outing, which starts at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN+, MSGSN, and BSSUNX.
Lightning vs. Islanders Predictions
Lightning vs. Islanders Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Lightning vs. Islanders Betting Trends
- The Lightning were victorious in 67.1% of their games when favored on the moneyline last season (55-27).
- In games it has played with moneyline odds of -133 or shorter last season, Tampa Bay won 70.8% of its games (46-19).
- Based on the moneyline in this game, the Lightning’s implied win probability is 57.1%.
- The Lightning’s 285 goals scored last season (3.5 per game) ranked seventh in the NHL.
- Defensively, the Lightning were one of the stingiest squads in league action, conceding 228 total goals (2.8 per game) to rank sixth.
- The Islanders claimed an upset victory in 10, or 25.0%, of the 40 games they played as an underdog last season.
- New York won six of its 26 games last season when an underdog by +112 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline implies a 47.2% chance to win for the Islanders.
- The Islanders’ 230 goals last season (2.8 per game) ranked them 22nd in the league.
- The Islanders had one of the best defenses in the NHL, giving up 231 total goals (2.8 per game), seventh in the NHL.
Lightning vs. Islanders Over/Under Trends
- Last season, 56 of Tampa Bay’s games went over Saturday’s total of 6 goals.
- A total of 42 of New York’s games ended with more than 6 goals last season.
- The total for this game (6) is 0.3 less than the combined scoring averages last season for the Lightning (3.48) and Islanders (2.80).
- The 5.6 goals per game these two teams allowed are 0.4 less than the total set for this contest.
Lightning Team Leaders
- Steven Stamkos: seven goals and two assists
- Nikita Kucherov: seven assists
- Brayden Point: three goals and one assist
- Andrei Vasilevskiy: 2-2-0 record, .922 save percentage, 10 goals allowed
Islanders Team Leaders 2021-22
- Mathew Barzal racked up 59 points (0.8 per game) for New York last season, with 15 goals and 44 assists in 73 games (playing 18:01 per game).
- Brock Nelson racked up 59 total points (0.8 per game) last campaign. He had 37 goals and 22 assists.
- Noah Dobson’s 13 goals and 39 assists added up to 52 points.
- Ilya Sorokin was 25-18-8 in 52 games last season, conceding 123 goals (2.4 goals against average) with a .925 save percentage (second-best in the league).
Where To Watch Lightning vs. Islanders
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.