Saturday’s NHL schedule features a matchup between the New Jersey Devils (2-2-0) and the San Jose Sharks (1-5-0) at Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. The Devils are -196 on the moneyline to win at home against the Sharks (+162) in the game, which begins at 1:00 PM ET on ESPN+, MSGSN, and NBCS-CA.
Devils vs. Sharks Predictions
Devils vs. Sharks Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Devils vs. Sharks Betting Trends
- The Devils recorded a 12-12 mark a season ago as the moneyline favorite.
- New Jersey lost the lone time last season it played a game with moneyline odds set at -175 or shorter.
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Devils have an implied probability of 66.2% to win.
- The Devils ranked 19th in the NHL last season with 245 goals scored (3.0 per game).
- Defensively, the Devils conceded 302 total goals (3.7 per game) to rank 29th in league action.
- The Sharks were an underdog in 60 games last season, with 18 upset wins (30.0%).
- San Jose had 22 games last season as an underdog by +162 or longer, and went 6-16.
- The Sharks have a 38.2% chance to win this game (implied from the moneyline).
- The Sharks’ 211 goals last season (2.6 per game) ranked them 30th in the NHL.
- The Sharks’ total of 261 goals allowed (3.2 per game) was 21st in the NHL.
Devils vs. Sharks Over/Under Trends
- New Jersey and its opponent combined for more than Saturday’s total of 6.5 goals 45 times last season.
- Last season, 33 games San Jose played finished with more than 6.5 goals.
- The Devils scored 2.99 goals per game last season, compared to the Sharks’ 2.57, adding up to 0.9 fewer goals than this contest’s over/under of 6.5.
- The 6.9 goals per game these two teams conceded on average are 0.4 more than the over/under for this contest.
Devils Team Leaders 2021-22
- Jesper Bratt was one of New Jersey’s top contributors last season with 73 points. He had 26 goals and 47 assists.
- Nico Hischier contributed with 60 points (21 goals, 39 assists).
- Jack Hughes scored 26 goals and added 30 assists in 49 games for New Jersey.
- In 42 games, Vitek Vanecek had a record of 20-12-6. He conceded 103 goals (2.67 goals against average) and recorded 1014 saves.
Sharks Team Leaders
- Erik Karlsson: two goals and three assists
- Mario Ferraro: three assists
- Luke Kunin: one goal and two assists
- James Reimer: 1-3-0 record, .918 save percentage, 11 goals given up
Where To Watch Devils vs. Sharks
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.