The Philadelphia Phillies are at home for Game 4 of the NLCS versus the San Diego Padres, Saturday at 7:45 PM ET. The Phillies won two of the first three games.
The Phillies are a close favorite (-114 to win on the moneyline) when they meet the Padres (-106). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Philadelphia Phillies looking to Bailey Falter (6-4), and Mike Clevinger (7-7) getting the nod for the San Diego Padres. The over/under for this game is 8.5.
Phillies vs. Padres Predictions
Phillies vs. Padres Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Phillies vs. Padres Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Philadelphia was listed as the moneyline favorite by oddsmakers only one time over the last 10 games, and won that matchup.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Phillies and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total five times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Philadelphia’s record against the spread is 8-2-0 over its past 10 games.
- San Diego has played as the underdog in seven of its past 10 games and has won five of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Padres and their opponents have failed to hit the over four times.
- San Diego has six wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Phillies vs. Padres Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Bailey Falter
- When Falter starts, the Phillies are 10-6-0 against the spread.
- The Phillies are 7-1 in Falter’s eight starts this season with Philadelphia as the moneyline favorite.
- Falter’s team has an 11-5 record in his starts this season.
- Falter has had 16 starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and five of those outings finished over the total.
Projected starter: Mike Clevinger
- Clevinger’s team is 13-10-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- His team has been victorious in 50% of the games he’s started as the moneyline underdog with a record of 4-4.
- Clevinger’s team has won 15 of his 22 starts.
- In games Clevinger has started this season, the teams are 14-8-1 at hitting the over.
Phillies Batting Leaders
- Kyle Schwarber paces the Phillies with 46 home runs and 94 runs batted in.
- In MLB action, Schwarber ranks second in home runs and 19th in RBI.
- J.T. Realmuto is batting .274 with 26 doubles, five triples, 22 home runs and 41 walks.
- Realmuto ranks 55th in home runs and 33rd in RBI this year.
- Rhys Hoskins has 33 doubles, two triples, 30 home runs and 72 walks while batting .246.
- Alec Bohm’s .278 batting average paces his team.
- Bohm has hit safely in two straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .222 with a double and two RBI.
Padres Batting Leaders
- Manny Machado leads San Diego in batting average (.298), home runs (32) and runs batted in (102) this season.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Machado’s home run total is 15th, and his RBI total is ninth.
- Juan Soto has collected 127 hits this season and has an OBP of .401. He’s slugging .452 on the year.
- Soto is 31st in home runs and 97th in RBI among all major league hitters this season.
- Soto enters this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .211 with two doubles, a walk and two RBI.
- Josh Bell is slashing .266/.362/.422 this season for the Padres.
- Bell takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .250 with a home run and two RBI.
- Jake Cronenworth has 141 hits and an OBP of .333 to go with a slugging percentage of .394 this season.
- Cronenworth heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .368 with four RBI.
Where To Watch Phillies vs. Padres
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.