The Pittsburgh Penguins (2-0-1) are favored at home (-194 moneyline odds to win) against the Los Angeles Kings (3-2-0, +160 moneyline odds). The outing on Thursday starts at 7:00 PM ET from PPG Paints Arena on ESPN+, TVAS, SportsNet PT, and BSW.
Penguins vs. Kings Predictions
Penguins vs. Kings Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Penguins vs. Kings Betting Trends
- The Penguins were victorious in 37 of their 61 games (60.7%) when favored on the moneyline last season.
- Pittsburgh put up a 17-8 win-loss record last season when playing with moneyline odds of -194 or shorter (68.0% win percentage).
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Penguins have an implied probability of 66.0% to win.
- The Penguins’ 269 total goals (3.3 per game) made them the 11th-ranked scoring team in the league last season.
- The Penguins allowed 222 total goals (2.7 per game), the fourth-fewest in NHL play.
- Last season the Kings had 20 wins in the 53 games in which they were an underdog.
- Los Angeles was 9-8 last season when bookmakers made them underdogs of +160 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set in this matchup implies a 38.5% chance for the Kings to win.
- The Kings’ 235 goals last season (2.9 per game) ranked them 20th in the league.
- The Kings gave up 2.8 goals per game (232 in total), the ninth-fewest in the league.
Penguins vs. Kings Over/Under Trends
- Pittsburgh and its opponent combined for more than Thursday’s total of 6.5 goals 42 times last season.
- There were 33 Los Angeles games with over 6.5 goals last season.
- These two teams combined for 6.2 goals per game last season, 0.35 less than the over/under set for this contest.
- This game’s total is 1.0 more than the 5.5 goals these two teams conceded per game combined.
Penguins Team Leaders 2021-22
- Sidney Crosby was a top contributor on Pittsburgh last season, with 84 points in 69 games.
- Jake Guentzel contributed with 84 points (40 goals, 44 assists).
- Kris Letang’s 68 points last season came via 10 goals and 58 assists.
- Tristan Jarry had a record of 34-18-6. He conceded 138 goals (2.4 goals against average) and recorded 1573 saves with a .919 save percentage (sixth-best in the league).
Kings Team Leaders
- Gabriel Vilardi: four goals and three assists
- Adrian Kempe: four goals and two assists
- Anze Kopitar: one goal and five assists
- Jonathan Quick: 1-2-0 record, .895 save percentage, 11 goals conceded
Where To Watch Penguins vs. Kings
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.