The Ottawa Senators (1-2-0) are slight favorites when they host the Washington Capitals (2-2-0) on Thursday, October 20 in what is projected to be a close matchup. The Senators are -111 on the moneyline to win over the Capitals (-109) in the game, which starts at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN+, TSN5, NBCS-DC, and RDSI.
Senators vs. Capitals Predictions
Senators vs. Capitals Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Senators vs. Capitals Betting Trends
- In the 16 games the Senators were favored on the moneyline a season ago they posted a 10-6 win-loss record.
- Ottawa put up a 9-6 win-loss record last season in games it played with moneyline odds of -111 or shorter (60.0% win percentage).
- The Senators’ implied moneyline win probability is 52.6% in this contest.
- The Senators ranked 26th in the league last season with 224 goals scored (2.7 per game).
- The Senators were 22nd in goals against, giving up 264 total goals (3.2 per game) in NHL play.
- The Capitals were an underdog 34 times last season, and upset their opponent 16 times.
- Washington was 16-18 last season when sportsbooks made them underdogs of -109 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline implies a 52.2% chance to win for the Capitals.
- With 270 goals (3.3 per game) last season, the Capitals had the league’s 10th-best offense.
- The Capitals conceded 3.0 goals per game (242 in total), 12th in the league.
Senators vs. Capitals Over/Under Trends
- Ottawa and its opponent combined to outscore Thursday’s over/under (6.5 goals) 31 times last season.
- Last season, 47 games Washington played finished with more than 6.5 goals.
- The total for this game (6.5) is 0.5 more than the combined scoring averages for the Senators (2.73) and Capitals (3.29) last season.
- The 6.2 goals per game these two teams allowed are 0.3 less than the total set for this contest.
Senators Team Leaders 2021-22
- A top contributor last season for Ottawa, Alex DeBrincat scored 78 points in 82 games (41 goals and 37 assists).
- In 79 games, Brady Tkachuk had 30 goals and 38 assists.
- Claude Giroux had 21 goals and 43 assists for Ottawa.
- Cam Talbot had a record of 32-12-4. He conceded 132 goals (2.8 goals against average) and racked up 1355 saves with a .911 save percentage (19th in the league).
Capitals Team Leaders 2021-22
- Alex Ovechkin’s 91 points last season made him a vital offensive option for Washington. He had 50 goals and 41 assists in 77 games.
- Evgeny Kuznetsov helped lead the attack for Washington last season with 24 goals and 54 assists.
- Washington’s John Carlson was among the leaders on the team with 71 total points (17 goals and 54 assists).
- Darcy Kuemper was 37-12-4 last season, giving up 138 goals (2.5 goals against average) with a .921 save percentage (fifth-best in the league).
Where To Watch Senators vs. Capitals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.