Thursday’s NHL play includes the Minnesota Wild (0-3-0) hosting the Vancouver Canucks (0-3-1) at Xcel Energy Center. The Canucks are underdogs (+150 on the moneyline) against the Wild (-180) ahead of the contest, which starts at 8:00 PM ET on ESPN+, SN360, BSN, and BSWI.
Wild vs. Canucks Predictions
Wild vs. Canucks Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Wild vs. Canucks Betting Trends
- The Wild were victorious in 43 of their 62 games (69.4%) when listed as the moneyline favorite a season ago.
- Minnesota finished 18-5 (78.3%) a season ago when playing with moneyline odds of -180 or stronger.
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Wild have an implied probability of 64.3% to win.
- The Wild’s 305 total goals (3.7 per game) made them the fifth-best scoring team in the NHL last season.
- The Wild conceded 249 total goals (3.0 per game), ranking 16th in NHL action in goals against.
- Last season the Canucks had 24 wins in the 54 games in which they were an underdog.
- Vancouver went 5-12 last season when oddsmakers made them underdogs of +150 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set in this matchup implies a 40.0% chance for the Canucks to win.
- The Canucks’ 246 goals last season (3.0 per game) ranked them 18th in the NHL.
- The Canucks had one of the best defenses in the NHL, allowing 231 total goals (2.8 per game), seventh in the NHL.
Wild vs. Canucks Over/Under Trends
- Minnesota and its opponent combined for more than Thursday’s over/under of 6.5 goals 48 times last season.
- A total of 32 of Vancouver’s games ended with more than 6.5 goals last season.
- These two teams combined for 6.7 goals per game last season, 0.22 more than the over/under for this contest.
- This game’s total is 0.6 more than the 5.9 goals these two teams conceded per game combined.
Wild Team Leaders 2021-22
- Kirill Kaprizov was a top contributor on Minnesota last season, with 108 points in 81 games.
- Mats Zuccarello had 79 points (1.1 per game), scoring 24 goals and adding 55 assists.
- Ryan Hartman scored 34 goals and added 31 assists in 82 games for Minnesota.
- In 56 games, Marc-Andre Fleury had a record of 28-23-5. He conceded 159 goals (2.90 goals against average) and racked up 1573 saves.
Canucks Team Leaders 2021-22
- J.T. Miller’s 32 goals and 67 assists in 80 games for Vancouver last season added up to 99 total points.
- Elias Pettersson was a leading scorer for Vancouver with 68 total points last season. He scored 32 goals and added 36 assists in 80 games.
- Quinn Hughes had eight goals last season, and 60 assists.
- Thatcher Demko was 33-22-7 in 64 games last season, conceding 168 goals (2.7 goals against average) with a .915 save percentage (13th in the league).
Where To Watch Wild vs. Canucks
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.