Thursday’s NHL lineup features a matchup between the heavily favored Calgary Flames (3-0-0) and the Buffalo Sabres (2-1-0) at Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary, Alberta. The Flames are -296 on the moneyline to win at home against the Sabres (+239) in the game, which starts at 9:30 PM ET on ESPN+, SN1, SNF, and MSG-B.
Flames vs. Sabres Predictions
Flames vs. Sabres Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Flames vs. Sabres Betting Trends
- The Flames posted a 47-30 record last season as favorites on the moneyline.
- In games it played with moneyline odds of -296 or better last season, Calgary compiled a 7-4 record (winning 63.6% of its games).
- The Flames’ implied moneyline win probability is 74.7% in this contest.
- The Flames’ 291 total goals (3.6 per game) made them the sixth-best scoring team in the league last season.
- Defensively, the Flames were one of the stingiest units in league action, conceding 206 total goals (2.5 per game) to rank third.
- The Sabres were an underdog 75 times last season, and upset their opponent 27 times.
- Buffalo had 19 games last season as an underdog by +239 or longer, and went 5-14.
- The Sabres have a 29.5% chance to win this game (implied from the moneyline).
- With 229 goals (2.8 per game) last season, the Sabres had the NHL’s 23rd-ranked offense.
- The Sabres allowed 3.5 goals per game (287 in total), 25th in the NHL.
Flames vs. Sabres Over/Under Trends
- Last season, Calgary games went over this one’s 6.5-goal total 38 times.
- For Buffalo last season, 42 games finished with more goals than Thursday’s over/under of 6.5.
- These two teams combined for 6.3 goals per game last season, 0.16 less than the over/under set for this contest.
- This game’s over/under is 0.5 more than the 6.0 goals these two teams allowed per game combined.
Flames Team Leaders 2021-22
- Jonathan Huberdeau was vital to Calgary last season, with 115 points in 80 games.
- Nazem Kadri was another leading option for Calgary with 87 points (1.2 per game), scoring 28 goals and adding 59 assists.
- Elias Lindholm scored 42 goals and added 40 assists in 82 games for Calgary.
- In 63 games, Jacob Markstrom had a record of 37-15-9. He conceded 137 goals (2.22 goals against average) and recorded 1617 saves.
Sabres Team Leaders 2021-22
- Tage Thompson scored 38 goals (0.5 per game) and dished out 30 assists (0.4 per game) last season, fueling the Buffalo offense with 68 total points (0.9 per game). He took 3.2 shots per game, shooting 15%.
- Jeff Skinner helped lead the attack for Buffalo last season with 33 goals and 30 assists.
- Rasmus Dahlin had 53 points, including 13 goals and 40 assists.
- Craig Anderson was 17-12-2 last season, allowing 97 goals (3.1 goals against average) with an .897 save percentage (39th in the league).
Where To Watch Flames vs. Sabres
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.