The San Diego Padres visit the Philadelphia Phillies for Game 3 of the NLCS, at 7:37 PM ET on Friday, with the series tied at a game each.
The Padres are projected as a close favorite (-114 moneyline odds to win) against the Phillies (-106). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the San Diego Padres looking to Joe Musgrove (10-7), and Ranger Suarez (10-7) taking the ball for the Philadelphia Phillies. The matchup has an over/under of 7.5 total runs.
Padres vs. Phillies Predictions
Padres vs. Phillies Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Padres vs. Phillies Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- San Diego has a 1-2 record from the three games it was favored on the moneyline over its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups, the Padres and their opponents combined to hit the over on the run total seven times (all 10 games had set totals).
- San Diego’s ATS record is 6-4-0 over its past 10 games.
- In nine games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Philadelphia has a record of 5-4.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Phillies and their opponents have failed to hit the over four times.
- Philadelphia is 7-3-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Padres vs. Phillies Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Joe Musgrove
- The Padres are 17-15-0 ATS in Musgrove’s 32 starts with a set spread.
- The Padres have a 15-7 record in Musgrove’s 22 starts this season when they were favored on the moneyline.
- In Musgrove’s 30 starts, his team is 21-11.
- Musgrove has started 32 contests with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in 19 of them.
Projected starter: Ranger Suárez
- When Suarez starts, his team is 15-15-0 against the spread this season.
- His team has won 60% of his starts when they are underdogs on the moneyline (9-6).
- Suarez’s team is 18-12 when he starts this season.
- Games started by Suarez have an 19-10-1 record at hitting the over this season.
Padres Batting Leaders
- Manny Machado has accumulated a team-best batting average of .298, while leading the Padres in home runs (32) and runs batted in (102).
- Among hitters in baseball, Machado ranks 15th in home runs and ninth in RBI.
- Juan Soto is hitting .242 with 25 doubles, two triples, 27 home runs and 135 walks.
- Soto ranks 31st in home runs and 97th in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Josh Bell is batting .266 with 29 doubles, three triples, 17 home runs and 81 walks.
- Jake Cronenworth is hitting .240 with 31 doubles, four triples, 17 home runs and 70 walks.
Phillies Batting Leaders
- Kyle Schwarber is batting .218 this season with a team-high 46 home runs and 94 RBI.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Schwarber’s home run total is second, and his RBI total is 19th.
- J.T. Realmuto is batting .274 with an OBP of .340 and a slugging percentage of .476 this season.
- Among all MLB hitters, Realmuto is 55th in homers and 33rd in RBI.
- Rhys Hoskins has collected 145 base hits, an OBP of .332 and a slugging percentage of .462 this season.
- Alec Bohm leads Philadelphia with a batting average of .278. He’s also hit 13 home runs with 72 RBI.
Where To Watch Padres vs. Phillies
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.