The Houston Astros host the New York Yankees in the second game of the ALCS, Thursday at 7:37 PM ET. The Astros lead the series 1-0.
The Yankees are an underdog (+134 moneyline odds) when they take on the Astros (-157). The Astros will start Framber Valdez (17-6) versus the Yankees and Luis Severino (7-3). The contest has an over/under of 7.
Astros vs. Yankees Predictions
Astros vs. Yankees Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Astros vs. Yankees Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Houston was favored on the moneyline in each of its last 10 games, and finished 8-2 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups — all had a set run total — the Astros and their opponents combined to go over the total three times.
- Houston’s ATS record is 4-6-0 over its past 10 games.
- Over the past 10 games, New York has been the underdog twice and split those games 1-1.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Yankees and their opponents are 2-7-1 in their last 10 games with a total.
- New York has a record of 5-5-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Astros vs. Yankees Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Framber Valdez
- The Astros have a 19-13-0 ATS record in Valdez’s 32 starts with a set spread.
- The Astros are 21-8 in Valdez’s 29 starts this season with Houston as the moneyline favorite.
- Valdez’s team has put together a 22-10 record over his 31 starts.
- Valdez has had 32 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined hit the over in 13 of those matchups.
Projected starter: Luis Severino
- Severino’s team is 10-9-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- His team is 0-2 this season when he starts and they’re underdogs on the moneyline.
- Severino’s team has won 13 of his 19 starts this season.
- Games Severino has started this season hit the over nine times in 19 chances.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Yordan Alvarez has accumulated a team-best batting average of .306, and paces the Astros in home runs (37).
- Alvarez’s home runs rank sixth in MLB and he ranks 15th in RBI in MLB.
- Alex Bregman has 38 doubles, 23 home runs and 87 walks while batting .259.
- Bregman ranks 50th in home runs and 21st in RBI this season.
- Jose Altuve has 39 doubles, 28 home runs and 66 walks while hitting .298.
- Kyle Tucker has made the most of his opportunities as he leads his team with 107 RBI.
Yankees Batting Leaders
- Aaron Judge leads New York in batting average (.311), home runs (62) and runs batted in (131) this season.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Judge ranks first in homers and first in RBI.
- Anthony Rizzo has collected 104 hits this season and has an OBP of .338. He’s slugging .480 on the year.
- Rizzo is 15th in home runs and 53rd in RBI among all hitters in the major leagues.
- Rizzo has hit safely in three straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with a double, a home run, four walks and three RBI.
- Gleyber Torres is slashing .255/.308/.447 this season for the Yankees.
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa has 127 hits and an OBP of .316 to go with a slugging percentage of .329 this season.
Where To Watch Astros vs. Yankees
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.