Tuesday’s NHL lineup includes a contest between the favored New York Islanders (1-1-0, -200 on the moneyline to win at home) and the San Jose Sharks (0-4-0, +165 moneyline odds) at 7:30 PM ET on ESPN+, MSGSN, and NBCS-CA.
Islanders vs. Sharks Predictions
Islanders vs. Sharks Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Islanders vs. Sharks Betting Trends
- In the 42 games the Islanders were favored on the moneyline a season ago they recorded a 27-15 win-loss record.
- When playing with moneyline odds of -200 or stronger last season, New York put together a 9-2 record (winning 81.8% of its games).
- The Islanders’ implied moneyline win probability is 66.7% in this game.
- The Islanders’ 230 goals scored last season (2.8 per game) ranked 22nd in the NHL.
- The Islanders allowed 231 total goals (2.8 per game), ranking seventh in NHL play for the fewest goals against.
- The Sharks were an underdog in 60 games last season, with 18 upset wins (30.0%).
- San Jose had 22 games last season as an underdog by +165 or longer, and went 6-16.
- Oddsmakers have implied, based on the moneyline in this matchup, that the Sharks have a 37.7% chance to win.
- With 211 goals (2.6 per game) last season, the Sharks had the NHL’s 30th-ranked offense.
- The Sharks gave up 261 total goals (3.2 per game), 21st in the NHL.
Islanders vs. Sharks Over/Under Trends
- New York and its opponent combined to outscore Tuesday’s total (5.5 goals) 42 times last season.
- Last season, 37 games San Jose played finished with over 5.5 goals.
- The over/under for this game (5.5) is 0.1 more than the combined scoring averages for the Islanders (2.80) and Sharks (2.57) last season.
- This game’s total is 0.5 less than the 6.0 goals these two teams conceded per game combined.
Islanders Team Leaders 2021-22
- A top offensive player last season for New York, Brock Nelson scored 59 points in 72 games (37 goals and 22 assists).
- Mathew Barzal had 15 goals and 44 assists to total 59 points (0.8 per game).
- Noah Dobson’s 52 points came from 13 goals and 39 assists.
- Ilya Sorokin (25-18-8) had a 2.4 goals against average and a .925 save percentage (second-best in the league).
Sharks Team Leaders 2021-22
- Timo Meier’s 76 points last season made him a vital offensive option for San Jose. He recorded 35 goals and 41 assists in 77 games.
- Tomas Hertl was a key piece of the offense for San Jose with 64 total points last season. He scored 30 goals and added 34 assists in 82 games.
- San Jose’s Logan Couture was among the leading scorers on the team with 56 total points (23 goals and 33 assists).
- James Reimer had a .911 save percentage (19th in the league) last season, giving up 129 goals (2.9 goals against average). He put up a 19-17-10 record.
Where To Watch Islanders vs. Sharks
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.