Monday will feature an NHL contest between the home favorite Washington Capitals (1-2-0, -138 on the moneyline to win) and the Vancouver Canucks (0-2-0, +115 moneyline odds) at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN+, CITY, and NBCS-DC.
Capitals vs. Canucks Predictions
Capitals vs. Canucks Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Capitals vs. Canucks Betting Trends
- Last season, the Capitals went 30-24 in games they played as moneyline favorites.
- When playing with moneyline odds of -138 or shorter last season, Washington won 52.5% of its games (21-19).
- Based on the moneyline in this game, the Capitals’ implied win probability is 58.0%.
- The Capitals scored the 10th-most goals in the league last season (270 total, 3.3 per game).
- The Capitals were 12th in goals against, allowing 242 total goals (3.0 per game) in league action.
- The Canucks were an underdog 54 times last season, and upset their opponent in 24, or 44.4%, of those games.
- Vancouver won 13 of its 37 games last season when an underdog by +115 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline implies a 46.5% chance to win for the Canucks.
- With 246 goals (3.0 per game) last season, the Canucks had the NHL’s 18th-ranked offense.
- The Canucks’ total of 231 goals conceded (2.8 per game) was seventh in the league.
Capitals vs. Canucks Over/Under Trends
- Washington and its opponent hit the over on this game’s total (6 goals) 57 times last season.
- A total of 44 of Vancouver’s games finished with more than 6 goals last season.
- The Capitals scored 3.29 goals per game last season, compared to the Canucks’ 3.00, adding up to 0.3 more goals than this contest’s total of 6.
- These two teams gave up a combined 5.8 goals per game, 0.2 less than this game’s over/under.
Capitals Team Leaders 2021-22
- Alex Ovechkin was a major player for Washington last season, with 91 points in 77 games.
- Evgeny Kuznetsov was another leading option for Washington with 78 points (1.0 per game), scoring 24 goals and adding 54 assists.
- John Carlson had 17 goals and 54 assists for Washington.
- Darcy Kuemper (37-12-4) had a goals against average of 2.5 last season, and made 1616 saves. His .921 save percentage was fifth-best in the league.
Canucks Team Leaders 2021-22
- J.T. Miller scored 32 goals (0.4 per game) and dished out 67 assists (0.8 per game) last season, fueling the Vancouver offense with 99 total points (1.2 per game). He took 2.6 shots per game, shooting 15.5%.
- Elias Pettersson racked up 68 points last season, with 32 goals and 36 assists.
- Quinn Hughes had eight goals last season, plus 60 assists.
- Thatcher Demko was 33-22-7 last season, conceding 168 goals (2.7 goals against average) with a .915 save percentage (13th in the league).
Where To Watch Capitals vs. Canucks
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.