The Carolina Hurricanes (2-0-0) are heavy favorites when they go on the road against the Seattle Kraken (1-1-1) on Monday, October 17 at 10:00 PM ET on ESPN+, BSSO, and ROOT Sports NW. The Hurricanes are -170 on the moneyline to win, while the Kraken have +141 moneyline odds.
Hurricanes vs. Kraken Predictions
Hurricanes vs. Kraken Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Hurricanes vs. Kraken Betting Trends
- Last season, the Hurricanes were 53-22 in games they played as moneyline favorites.
- Carolina put up a 28-12 win-loss record last season in games it played with moneyline odds of -170 or shorter (70.0% win percentage).
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Hurricanes have an implied probability of 63.0% to win.
- The Hurricanes scored the ninth-most goals in the league last season (277 total, 3.4 per game).
- Defensively, the Hurricanes were the stingiest squad in NHL action, conceding 200 total goals (only 2.4 per game).
- The Kraken claimed an upset victory in 16, or 25.8%, of the 62 games they played as an underdog last season.
- Seattle won eight of its 36 games last season when an underdog by +141 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Kraken have a 41.5% chance to win this game (implied from the moneyline).
- The Kraken had 213 goals last season (2.6 per game), 28th in the NHL.
- The Kraken conceded 284 total goals (3.5 per game), 24th in the league.
Hurricanes vs. Kraken Over/Under Trends
- Carolina and its opponent combined to outscore Monday’s over/under (6.5 goals) 38 times last season.
- There were 39 Seattle games with over 6.5 goals last season.
- The Hurricanes scored 3.38 goals per game last season, compared to the Kraken’s 2.60, adding up to 0.5 fewer goals than this contest’s over/under of 6.5.
- These two teams gave up a combined 5.9 goals per game, 0.6 less than this game’s over/under.
Hurricanes Team Leaders 2021-22
- Sebastian Aho was one of Carolina’s leading contributors last season (81 total points), having collected 37 goals and 44 assists.
- Andrei Svechnikov contributed with 69 points (30 goals, 39 assists).
- Teuvo Teravainen had 22 goals and 43 assists for Carolina.
- In 52 games, Frederik Andersen had a record of 35-14-3. He conceded 111 goals (2.17 goals against average) and recorded 1320 saves.
Kraken Team Leaders 2021-22
- Andre Burakovsky’s 22 goals and 39 assists in 80 games for Seattle last season added up to 61 total points.
- Oliver Bjorkstrand collected 57 points last season, with 28 goals and 29 assists.
- Jared McCann was a crucial player on offense for Seattle with 27 goals and 23 assists.
- Philipp Grubauer was 18-31-5 last season, allowing 164 goals (3.2 goals against average) with an .889 save percentage (45th in the league).
Where To Watch Hurricanes vs. Kraken
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.