The Rice Owls (3-3) will have their 24th-ranked pass defense on display versus the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs (2-4) and the No. 20 pass offense in college football, on Saturday, October 22, 2022. The Owls are favored by only 2.5 points. The over/under for the contest is 59.5 points.
Rice vs. Louisiana Tech Predictions
Rice vs. Louisiana Tech Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Rice vs. Louisiana Tech: Last 3 Games
- Rice has covered the spread in its last three contests, and went 1-2 overall.
- In Rice’s past three games, it has hit the over twice.
- The Owls average total over the last three games is 6.5 points fewer than the 59.5 total given for this matchup.
- Louisiana Tech has covered the spread once, and is 1-2 overall, in its last three games.
- In Louisiana Tech’s past three contests, it has gone over the total twice.
- The Bulldogs have averaged a total of 59.7 combined points in their last three games, 0.2 greater than this game’s total of 59.5.
Rice vs. Louisiana Tech Betting Trends
- Rice is 5-1-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 2.5-point favorites or more, the Owls have a perfect ATS record of 1-0.
- Rice games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under five times this season.
- Rice has been listed as the moneyline favorite only one other time so far this season, a game they won.
- Rice has played as a moneyline favorite of -136 or shorter in only one game this season, which it won.
- Louisiana Tech has covered the spread three times in six games with a set total.
- In games they have played as 2.5-point underdogs or more, the Bulldogs have an ATS record of 1-3.
- This season, five Louisiana Tech games have gone over the point total.
- Louisiana Tech has been listed as the underdog four times this season and has failed to win any of those games.
- Louisiana Tech has not won as an underdog of +113 or more on the moneyline this season in four such games.
Rice vs. Louisiana Tech: Over/Under Trends
- This season, Rice and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s over/under of 59.5 points times.
- There have been Louisiana Tech games that have ended with a combined score over 59.5 points this season.
- The point total for the contest of 59.5 is 1.8 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Owls (28.0 points per game) and the Bulldogs (29.7 points per game).
- The 67.5 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 8.0 more than the 59.5 total in this contest.
- On average, the over/under in Owls games is 5.3 points fewer than the over/under of 59.5 points in this contest.
- A difference of 0.4 points separates the average total points bet in Bulldogs’ games (59.9 points) and this matchup’s over/under (59.5 points).
Rice Players to Watch
- TJ McMahon has 1,277 passing yards (212.8 ypg) to lead Rice, completing 59.1% of his passes and recording 10 touchdown passes and 10 interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Ari Broussard, has carried the ball 85 times for 233 yards (38.8 per game), with nine touchdowns this year.
- This season Cameron Montgomery has rushed for 211 yards (35.2 per game) on 27 carries.
- Bradley Rozner’s 447 receiving yards (74.5 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s registered 19 receptions and four touchdowns.
- Luke McCaffrey has put up a 384-yard season so far (64.0 receiving yards per game) with three touchdowns, reeling in 33 passes.
- Isaiah Esdale’s 19 catches have turned into 239 yards (39.8 ypg).
Louisiana Tech Players to Watch
- Parker McNeil has thrown for 1,591 yards (265.2 ypg) to lead Louisiana Tech, completing 59.8% of his passes and tossing 14 touchdown passes and seven interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Marquis Crosby, has carried the ball 68 times for 368 yards (61.3 per game), with three touchdowns this year.
- This season Charvis Thornton has piled up 31 carries for 138 yards (23.0 per game) and one touchdown.
- Tre Harris’ team-leading 524 receiving yards (87.3 yards per game) have come on 32 receptions with four touchdowns.
- Griffin Hebert has put up a 403-yard season so far (67.2 receiving yards per game) with three touchdowns, hauling in 20 passes.
- Smoke Harris’ 29 receptions this season have resulted in 356 yards (59.3 ypg) and four touchdowns.
Where To Watch Rice vs. Louisiana Tech
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.