The Old Dominion Monarchs (3-3) will face off against a fellow Sun Belt foe, the Georgia Southern Eagles (4-3) in a matchup on Saturday, October 22, 2022 at Kornblau Field at S.B. Ballard Stadium. The spread predicts an evenly-matched game, with the Monarchs favored to win by 2.5 points. The over/under in this contest is 68 points.
Old Dominion vs. Georgia Southern Predictions
Old Dominion vs. Georgia Southern Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Old Dominion vs. Georgia Southern: Last 3 Games
- Over its last three games, Old Dominion has one win against the spread, and is 2-1 overall.
- Old Dominion has gone over the total twice in its past three games.
- The Monarchs have averaged a total of 54.2 combined points in their last three games, 13.8 less than this game’s over/under of 68.
- Over its last three contests, Georgia Southern has two wins against the spread, and is 2-1 overall.
- Georgia Southern has gone over the total twice in its past three contests.
- The Eagles and their opponents have combined to score an average of 67.8 combined points over their last three games, 0.2 less than the 68 over/under in this matchup.
Old Dominion vs. Georgia Southern Betting Trends
- Old Dominion is 3-3-0 against the spread this season.
- The Monarchs have yet to cover the spread (0-1) when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites.
- Old Dominion’s games have gone over the total three times this season.
- Old Dominion has been listed as the moneyline favorite only one other time so far this season, a game they won.
- Old Dominion has played as a moneyline favorite of -135 or shorter in only one game this season, which it won.
- Georgia Southern has covered the spread in a game five times this season (5-2-0).
- In games this year when an underdog by 2.5 points or more, Georgia Southern is 3-2 against the spread.
- Georgia Southern games have gone over the total four times this season.
- This season, Georgia Southern has won two out of the five games in which it has been the underdog.
- This season, Georgia Southern has won three of its six games when it is the underdog by at least +113 on the moneyline.
Old Dominion vs. Georgia Southern: Over/Under Trends
- This season, Old Dominion games have gone over this game’s 68-point over/under just once.
- This season, games Georgia Southern played finished with a combined score higher than 68 points.
- The over/under for the game of 68 is 3.7 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Monarchs (26.2 points per game) and the Eagles (38.1 points per game).
- This game’s total is 10.4 fewer points than the 57.6 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2022.
- On average, the over/under in Monarchs games is 15.7 points fewer than the over/under of 68 points in this matchup.
- Eagles games have an over/under of 63.6 points this season, 4.4 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
Old Dominion Players to Watch
- Hayden Wolff has 1,431 passing yards (238.5 ypg) to lead Old Dominion, completing 57.9% of his passes and throwing 11 touchdown passes and two interceptions this season.
- Blake Watson has carried the ball 78 times for a team-high 507 yards (84.5 per game), with four touchdowns this year.
- This season Keshawn Wicks has collected 96 yards (16 per game) on 25 attempts with one touchdown.
- Ali Jennings’ 775 receiving yards (129.2 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s collected 38 receptions and seven touchdowns.
- Zack Kuntz has put together a 144-yard season so far (24 receiving yards per game) with two touchdowns, hauling in 12 passes.
- Javon Harvey’s 12 receptions have netted him 131 yards (21.8 ypg).
Georgia Southern Players to Watch
- Kyle Vantrease leads Georgia Southern with 2,511 passing yards (358.7 ypg) on 210-of-347 passing with 17 touchdowns compared to 12 interceptions this season.
- Jalen White’s team-high 541 rushing yards (77.3 per game) have come on 102 carries, with eight touchdowns this year. He’s also tacked on 16 catches for 161 yards (23 per game) and one touchdown.
- This season Gerald Green has piled up 313 yards (44.7 per game) on 59 attempts with four touchdowns.
- Khaleb Hood’s 562 receiving yards (80.3 yards per game) lead the team. He has 46 receptions with two touchdowns.
- Derwin Burgess Jr. has put up a 537-yard season so far (76.7 receiving yards per game) with five touchdowns, hauling in 44 passes.
- Jeremy Singleton’s 40 grabs this season have resulted in 452 yards (64.6 ypg) and two touchdowns.
Where To Watch Old Dominion vs. Georgia Southern
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.