The New York Yankees and Cleveland Guardians take the field for Game 5 of the ALDS at Yankee Stadium, at 7:07 PM ET on Monday. The victor clinches the series and earns a spot in the ALCS.
The favored Yankees (-152 on the moneyline) host the Guardians (+131). The Yankees will give the ball to Jameson Taillon (14-5) versus the Guardians and Aaron Civale (5-6). The over/under for the game is 7.5 total runs.
Yankees vs. Guardians Predictions
Yankees vs. Guardians Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Yankees vs. Guardians Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- New York was the moneyline favorite for nine of its last 10 games, and went 4-5 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups, the Yankees and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total three times (all 10 games had set totals).
- New York’s ATS record is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- Cleveland has played as the underdog in four of its past 10 games and won two of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Guardians and their opponents are 5-4-1 when it comes to hitting the over.
- Cleveland has won five of its last 10 games against the spread.
Yankees vs. Guardians Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Jameson Taillon
- The Yankees have an 18-14-0 ATS record in Taillon’s 32 starts that had a set spread.
- The Yankees have an 18-6 record in Taillon’s 24 starts this season when they were the moneyline favorite.
- Taillon’s team has a 24-8 record in his starts this season.
- Taillon has started 32 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in 17 of them.
Projected starter: Aaron Civale
- Civale’s team is 13-7-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- His team has been victorious in 38.5% of the games he’s started as the moneyline underdog with a record of 5-8.
- In games Civale has started, his team is 12-8.
- Out of Civale’s 20 starts with a total this season, 12 have hit the over.
Yankees Batting Leaders
- Aaron Judge paces the Yankees with 62 home runs and 131 runs batted in, while racking up a team-best batting average of .311.
- Judge’s home runs rank first in MLB and he ranks first in RBI in MLB.
- Judge has safely hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .167 with two home runs, a walk and three RBI.
- Anthony Rizzo has 21 doubles, a triple, 32 home runs and 58 walks while hitting .224.
- Rizzo ranks 15th in home runs and 53rd in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Gleyber Torres has 27 doubles, a triple, 24 home runs and 39 walks while batting .255.
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa is batting .263 with 20 doubles, four home runs and 35 walks.
Guardians Batting Leaders
- Jose Ramirez leads Cleveland in home runs (29) and runs batted in (126) this season while batting .278.
- Among all batters in MLB, Ramirez’s home run total is 24th, and his RBI total is third.
- Ramirez brings a four-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .304 with two doubles, a walk and an RBI.
- Steven Kwan is batting .298 to lead Cleveland, while adding six homers and 52 runs batted in this season.
- Kwan ranks 265th in homers and 136th in RBI among all MLB batters this season.
- Kwan enters this matchup on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .318 with a double, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Amed Rosario is slashing .283/.312/.403 this season for the Guardians.
- Rosario enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .182 with a home run and two RBI.
- Andres Gimenez is batting .295 with an OBP of .369 and a slugging percentage of .464 this season.
- Gimenez has safely hit in four games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .190 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
Where To Watch Yankees vs. Guardians
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.