The No. 6 Alabama Crimson Tide (6-1) will face off against their SEC-rival, the No. 24 Mississippi State Bulldogs (5-2) in a matchup on Saturday, October 22, 2022 at Bryant-Denny Stadium. The Bulldogs will need their best effort to pull off an upset, they are currently 21.5-point underdogs. The over/under for the outing is 62 points.
Alabama vs. Mississippi State Predictions
Alabama vs. Mississippi State Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Alabama vs. Mississippi State: Last 3 Games
- Over its past three contests, Alabama has one win against the spread, and is 2-1 overall.
- Alabama has gone over the total twice in its past three contests.
- The Crimson Tide and their opponents have combined to score an average of 58.8 points in their last three games, 3.2 less than the 62 over/under in this matchup.
- In its past three games, Mississippi State has two wins against the spread, and is 2-1 overall.
- Mississippi State has gone over the total twice in its past three games.
- The Bulldogs total over the last three games is 11.7 points fewer than the 62 over/under given for this matchup.
Alabama vs. Mississippi State Betting Trends
- Alabama has put together a 4-3-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 21.5 points or more so far this season, the Crimson Tide have gone 3-1 against the spread.
- This season, three of Alabama’s games have gone over the point total.
- Alabama has won five of the six games it was the moneyline favorite this season (83.3%).
- Alabama has played in three games as a moneyline favorite with odds of -1837 or shorter and won every time.
- Mississippi State is 4-2-1 against the spread this season.
- This year, Mississippi State games have hit the over four times.
- This is the first time Mississippi State will play as an underdog this season.
- Mississippi State has not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +930 odds on them winning this game.
Alabama vs. Mississippi State: Over/Under Trends
- Alabama and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (62 points) times this season.
- This season, two Mississippi State games have finished with more combined scoring than Saturday’s total of 62.
- The Crimson Tide average 45 points per game against the Bulldogs’ 35.4, amounting to 18.4 points over the contest’s over/under of 62.
- These two teams give up a combined 40 points per game, 22 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- The Crimson Tide have seen a 60.7 average over/under in their games this season, 1.3 points fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- A difference of 8.6 points separates this matchup’s over/under (62 points) and the average total points bet in Bulldogs’ games (53.4 points) this season.
Alabama Players to Watch
- Bryce Young leads Alabama with 1,657 passing yards (236.7 ypg) on 125-of-186 passing with 16 touchdowns compared to three interceptions this season. He also adds 150 rushing yards (21.4 ypg) on 22 carries while scoring three touchdowns on the ground.
- Jahmyr Gibbs’ team-high 635 rushing yards (90.7 per game) have come on 88 carries, with five touchdowns this year. He’s also added 268 yards (38.3 per game) on 27 catches with three touchdowns.
- This season Jase McClellan has collected 303 yards (43.3 per game) on 48 attempts with three touchdowns.
- Ja’Corey Brooks’ 302 receiving yards (43.1 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s collected 18 receptions and four touchdowns.
- Kobe Prentice has collected 278 receiving yards (39.7 yards per game) and one touchdown, hauling in 26 passes this year.
Mississippi State Players to Watch
- Will Rogers leads Mississippi State with 2,313 passing yards (330.4 ypg) on 227-of-320 passing with 23 touchdowns compared to four interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Dillon Johnson, has carried the ball 69 times for 418 yards (59.7 per game), with three touchdowns this year. He’s also caught 30 passes for 204 yards (29.1 per game).
- This season Jo’Quavious Marks has piled up 259 yards (37 per game) on 57 carries with five touchdowns, while also grabbing 30 passes for 200 yards (28.6 per game).
- Rara Thomas’ 383 receiving yards (54.7 yards per game) lead the team. He has 22 receptions with three touchdowns.
- Caleb Ducking has racked up 354 receiving yards (50.6 yards per game) and seven touchdowns, reeling in 33 passes this year.
- Rufus Harvey’s 28 receptions have netted him 276 yards (39.4 ypg) and two touchdowns.
Where To Watch Alabama vs. Mississippi State
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.