The Washington Capitals (0-2-0) are -310 on the moneyline to win when they host the Montreal Canadiens (1-1-0), who have +245 odds, on Saturday, October 15 at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN+, TVAS, NBCS-DC, and CITY.
Capitals vs. Canadiens Predictions
Capitals vs. Canadiens Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Capitals vs. Canadiens Betting Trends
- In the 54 games the Capitals were favored on the moneyline a season ago they posted a 30-24 win-loss record.
- Last season, Washington went 1-1 in the two games they were moneyline favorites of weaker -310.
- The Capitals have a 75.6% chance (based on the moneyline’s implied probability) to win this game.
- The Capitals’ 270 total goals (3.3 per game) made them the 10th-best scoring team in the league last season.
- The Capitals were 12th in goals against, allowing 242 total goals (3.0 per game) in NHL play.
- The Canadiens claimed an upset victory in 18, or 26.5%, of the 68 games they played as an underdog last season.
- Montreal went 3-10 last season when oddsmakers made them underdogs of +245 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Canadiens have a 29.0% chance to win this game (implied from the moneyline).
- With 222 goals (2.7 per game) last season, the Canadiens had the NHL’s 27th-ranked offense.
- The Canadiens’ total of 313 goals conceded (3.8 per game) was 32nd in the league.
Capitals vs. Canadiens Over/Under Trends
- Last season, 47 of Washington’s games went over Saturday’s total of 6.5 goals.
- There were 42 Montreal games with more than 6.5 goals last season.
- The Capitals scored 3.29 goals per game last season, compared to the Canadiens’ 2.71, adding up to 0.5 fewer goals than this contest’s total of 6.5.
- These two teams conceded a combined 6.8 goals per game, 0.3 more than this contest’s over/under.
Capitals Team Leaders 2021-22
- Alex Ovechkin was one of Washington’s top contributors last season with 91 points. He had 50 goals and 41 assists.
- Evgeny Kuznetsov contributed with 78 points (24 goals, 54 assists).
- John Carlson had 71 total points for Washington, with 17 goals and 54 assists.
- Darcy Kuemper (37-12-4) had a goals against average of 2.5 last season, and made 1616 saves. His .921 save percentage was fifth-best in the league.
Canadiens Team Leaders 2021-22
- Nicholas Suzuki put up 61 points (0.7 per game) for Montreal last season, with 21 goals and 40 assists in 82 games (playing 20:30 per game).
- Evgenii Dadonov posted 43 total points (0.6 per game) last season. He had 20 goals and 23 assists.
- Cole Caufield was a top player on offense for Montreal with 23 goals and 20 assists.
- Jake Allen was 9-20-4 last season, conceding 107 goals (3.3 goals against average) with a .905 save percentage (30th in the league).
Where To Watch Capitals vs. Canadiens
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.