Saturday’s NHL matchup between the San Jose Sharks (0-3-0) and the Chicago Blackhawks (0-2-0) at SAP Center at San Jose sees the Sharks favored at home (-146 moneyline odds to win) against the Blackhawks (+123). The game starts at 10:00 PM ET on ESPN+, NBCS-CA, and NBCS-CHI.
Sharks vs. Blackhawks Predictions
Sharks vs. Blackhawks Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Sharks vs. Blackhawks Betting Trends
- In the 22 games the Sharks were favored on the moneyline last season they posted a 14-8 win-loss record.
- San Jose recorded a 7-2 win-loss record last season when playing with moneyline odds of -146 or shorter (77.8% win percentage).
- The Sharks have a 59.3% chance (based on the moneyline’s implied probability) to win this game.
- The Sharks’ 211 total goals (2.6 per game) made them the 30th-ranked scoring team in the league last season.
- The Sharks gave up 261 total goals (3.2 per game), ranking 21st in league action in goals against.
- The Blackhawks secured an upset victory in 18, or 29.0%, of the 62 games they played as an underdog last season.
- Chicago won nine of its 44 games last season when an underdog by +123 or longer on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied, based on the moneyline in this matchup, that the Blackhawks have a 44.8% chance to win.
- With 213 goals (2.6 per game) last season, the Blackhawks had the NHL’s 28th-ranked offense.
- The Blackhawks gave up 3.5 goals per game (289 in total), 26th in the NHL.
Sharks vs. Blackhawks Over/Under Trends
- San Jose and its opponent combined to outscore Saturday’s over/under (6 goals) 37 times last season.
- Last season, 48 games Chicago played finished with more than 6 goals.
- These two teams combined for 5.2 goals per game last season, 0.83 less than the total set for this contest.
- The 6.7 goals per game these two teams conceded on average are 0.7 more than the over/under for this contest.
Sharks Team Leaders 2021-22
- One of San Jose’s top offensive players last season was Timo Meier, who had 76 points (35 goals, 41 assists) and played an average of 19:10 per game.
- Tomas Hertl had 64 points (0.8 per game), scoring 30 goals and adding 34 assists.
- Logan Couture had 56 total points for San Jose, with 23 goals and 33 assists.
- James Reimer (19-17-10) had a 2.9 goals against average and a .911 save percentage (19th in the league).
Blackhawks Team Leaders 2021-22
- Patrick Kane totaled 26 goals and 65 assists in 78 games for Chicago last season, resulting in 91 points.
- Seth Jones racked up 51 points last season, with five goals and 46 assists.
- Max Domi had 39 points, including 11 goals and 28 assists.
- Petr Mrazek had an .888 save percentage last season, allowing 58 goals (3.3 goals against average). He put up a 12-6-0 record.
Where To Watch Sharks vs. Blackhawks
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.