The New Jersey Devils (0-1-0) have -172 moneyline odds to win when they host the Detroit Red Wings (1-0-0), who have +144 odds, on Saturday, October 15 at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN+, BSDET, and MSG.
Devils vs. Red Wings Predictions
Devils vs. Red Wings Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Devils vs. Red Wings Betting Trends
- The Devils won 12 of their 24 games (50.0%) when favored on the moneyline last season.
- New Jersey went 2-2 (50.0%) a season ago when it played with moneyline odds of -172 or better.
- The implied moneyline probability for this game says the Devils have a 63.2% chance to win.
- The Devils’ 245 goals scored last season (3.0 per game) ranked 19th in the NHL.
- The Devils were 29th in goals against, giving up 302 total goals (3.7 per game) in league action.
- The Red Wings were an underdog in 65 games last season, with 21 upset wins (32.3%).
- Detroit had a record of 10-27 in games when sportsbooks listed them as +144 or longer on the moneyline last season.
- The moneyline for this outing implies a 41.0% chance for the Red Wings to win.
- The Red Wings’ 227 goals last season (2.8 per game) ranked them 25th in the NHL.
- The Red Wings gave up 310 total goals (3.8 per game), 31st in the NHL.
Devils vs. Red Wings Over/Under Trends
- New Jersey and its opponent hit the over on this game’s total (6.5 goals) 45 times last season.
- A total of 44 of Detroit’s games ended with more than 6.5 goals last season.
- These two teams combined for 5.8 goals per game last season, 0.74 less than the total set for this contest.
- This game’s over/under is 1.0 less than the 7.5 goals these two teams gave up per game combined.
Devils Team Leaders 2021-22
- Jesper Bratt was one of New Jersey’s leading contributors last season with 73 points. He had 26 goals and 47 assists.
- Nico Hischier contributed with 60 points (21 goals, 39 assists).
- Jack Hughes had 56 total points for New Jersey, with 26 goals and 30 assists.
- In 42 games, Vitek Vanecek had a record of 20-12-6. He conceded 103 goals (2.67 goals against average) and racked up 1014 saves.
Red Wings Team Leaders 2021-22
- Dylan Larkin’s 69 points last season made him an important offensive option for Detroit. He had 31 goals and 38 assists in 71 games.
- Tyler Bertuzzi was one of the top contributors for Detroit with 62 total points (0.9 per game), with 30 goals and 32 assists in 68 games.
- David Perron was a key player on offense for Detroit with 27 goals and 30 assists.
- Alex Nedeljkovic had a .901 save percentage (33rd in the league) last season, allowing 178 goals (3.3 goals against average). He put up a 20-24-9 record.
Where To Watch Devils vs. Red Wings
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.