Saturday’s NHL schedule features an outing between the heavily favored Florida Panthers (1-0-0, -194 on the moneyline to win on the road) and the Buffalo Sabres (1-0-0, +160 moneyline odds) at 1:00 PM ET on ESPN+, BSFL, and MSG-B.
Panthers vs. Sabres Predictions
Panthers vs. Sabres Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Panthers vs. Sabres Betting Trends
- The Panthers were victorious in 60 of their 84 games (71.4%) when favored on the moneyline last season.
- In games it has played with moneyline odds of -194 or shorter last season, Florida won 79.1% of its games (34-9).
- The implied moneyline probability in this game says the Panthers have a 66.0% chance to win.
- The Panthers’ 337 total goals (4.1 per game, with 7.0 assists per game) led the league last season.
- Defensively, the Panthers allowed 242 total goals (3.0 per game) to rank 12th in league action.
- Last season the Sabres had 27 wins in the 75 games in which they were an underdog.
- Buffalo was 15-29 last season when oddsmakers made them underdogs of +160 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline implies a 38.5% chance to win for the Sabres.
- The Sabres had 229 goals last season (2.8 per game), 23rd in the NHL.
- The Sabres allowed 3.5 goals per game (287 in total), 25th in the league.
Panthers vs. Sabres Over/Under Trends
- Last season, Florida games went over this one’s 7-goal over/under 54 times.
- For Buffalo last season, 42 games finished with more goals than Saturday’s total of 7.
- The over/under for this game (7) is 0.1 more than the combined scoring averages for the Panthers (4.11) and Sabres (2.79) last season.
- This game’s total is 0.6 more than the 6.4 goals these two teams conceded per game combined.
Panthers Team Leaders 2021-22
- Matthew Tkachuk was one of Florida’s leading contributors last season with 104 points. He had 42 goals and 62 assists.
- Aleksander Barkov Jr. was another top contributor for Florida with 88 points (1.3 per game), scoring 39 goals and adding 49 assists.
- Sam Reinhart scored 33 goals and added 51 assists in 78 games for Florida.
- Sergei Bobrovsky had a record of 39-7-3. He conceded 137 goals (2.7 goals against average) and recorded 1428 saves with a .912 save percentage (17th in the league).
Sabres Team Leaders 2021-22
- Tage Thompson’s 68 points last season made him a vital offensive option for Buffalo. He had 38 goals and 30 assists in 78 games.
- Jeff Skinner was one of the impact players on offense for Buffalo with 63 total points (0.8 per game), with 33 goals and 30 assists in 80 games.
- Buffalo’s Rasmus Dahlin was among the top offensive players on the team with 53 total points (13 goals and 40 assists).
- Craig Anderson was 17-12-2 last season, giving up 97 goals (3.1 goals against average) with an .897 save percentage (39th in the league).
Where To Watch Panthers vs. Sabres
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.