Friday’s NHL matchup between the Tampa Bay Lightning (0-1-0) and the Columbus Blue Jackets (0-1-0) at Nationwide Arena sees the Lightning as big road favorites (-204 moneyline odds to win) against the Blue Jackets (+169). The game begins at 7:00 PM ET on BSOH, BSSUN, and NHL Network.
Lightning vs. Blue Jackets Predictions
Lightning vs. Blue Jackets Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Lightning vs. Blue Jackets Betting Trends
- The Lightning posted a 55-27 mark last season as favorites on the moneyline.
- When playing with moneyline odds of -204 or shorter last season, Tampa Bay won 78.8% of its games (26-7).
- Based on the moneyline in this game, the Lightning’s implied win probability is 67.1%.
- The Lightning’s 285 total goals (3.5 per game) made them the seventh-best scoring team in the league last season.
- Defensively, the Lightning were one of the stingiest squads in league action, giving up 228 total goals (2.8 per game) to rank sixth.
- The Blue Jackets were an underdog in 67 games last season, with 25 upset wins (37.3%).
- Columbus was 6-20 as an underdog of +169 or longer on the moneyline last season.
- The win probability for the Blue Jackets, implied from the moneyline, is 37.2%.
- With 258 goals (3.2 per game) last season, the Blue Jackets had the league’s 14th-ranked offense.
- The Blue Jackets’ total of 297 goals allowed (3.6 per game) was 28th in the NHL.
Lightning vs. Blue Jackets Over/Under Trends
- Tampa Bay and its opponent combined to outscore Friday’s over/under (6 goals) 56 times last season.
- Last season, 57 games Columbus played finished with over 6 goals.
- The over/under for this game (6) is 0.6 less than the combined scoring averages last season for the Lightning (3.48) and Blue Jackets (3.15).
- These two teams allowed a combined 6.4 goals per game, 0.4 more than this contest’s over/under.
Lightning Team Leaders 2021-22
- Steven Stamkos was one of Tampa Bay’s top contributors last season with 106 points. He had 42 goals and 64 assists.
- Victor Hedman was another top contributor for Tampa Bay with 86 points (1.0 per game), scoring 20 goals and adding 66 assists.
- Nikita Kucherov’s 69 points last season came via 25 goals and 44 assists.
- Andrei Vasilevskiy had a record of 39-18-5. He conceded 156 goals (2.5 goals against average) and recorded 1712 saves with a .916 save percentage (12th in the league).
Blue Jackets Team Leaders 2021-22
- Johnny Gaudreau scored 40 goals (0.5 per game) and dished out 75 assists (0.9 per game) last season, contributing to the Columbus offense with 115 total points (1.4 per game). He took 3.2 shots per game, shooting 15.3%.
- Jakub Voracek was a key piece of the offense for Columbus with 62 total points last season. He scored six goals and added 56 assists in 79 games.
- Patrik Laine’s 26 goals and 30 assists added up to 56 points.
- Elvis Merzlikins had a 27-23-7 record last season, with a .907 save percentage (29th in the league). He gave up 178 goals (3.2 goals against average).
Where To Watch Lightning vs. Blue Jackets
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.