The Carolina Hurricanes (1-0-0) are big road favorites (-210 moneyline odds to win) against the San Jose Sharks (0-2-0, +172 moneyline odds). Friday’s outing begins at 10:30 PM ET from SAP Center at San Jose on ESPN+, BSSO, and NBCS-CA.
Hurricanes vs. Sharks Predictions
Hurricanes vs. Sharks Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Hurricanes vs. Sharks Betting Trends
- In the 75 games the Hurricanes were the moneyline favorite last season they tallied a 53-22 win-loss record.
- Last season, Carolina was 21-7 (victorious in 75.0% of its games) when it played with moneyline odds of -210 or shorter.
- The Hurricanes have a 67.7% chance (based on the moneyline’s implied probability) to win this matchup.
- The Hurricanes’ 277 goals scored last season (3.4 per game) ranked ninth in the league.
- The Hurricanes gave up 200 total goals (only 2.4 per game), the fewest in league action.
- The Sharks were an underdog 60 times last season, and upset their opponent 18 times.
- San Jose was 5-14 as an underdog of +172 or longer on the moneyline last season.
- Sportsbooks have implied, based on the moneyline for this matchup, that the Sharks have a 36.8% chance to win.
- The Sharks’ 211 goals last season (2.6 per game) ranked them 30th in the NHL.
- The Sharks allowed 3.2 goals per game (261 in total), 21st in the league.
Hurricanes vs. Sharks Over/Under Trends
- Carolina and its opponent combined for more than Friday’s over/under of 6 goals 52 times last season.
- Last season, 37 of San Jose’s games featured more than 6 goals.
- The over/under for this game (6) is 0.0 more than the combined scoring averages for the Hurricanes (3.38) and Sharks (2.57) last season.
- This game’s total is 0.4 more than the 5.6 goals these two teams allowed per game combined.
Hurricanes Team Leaders 2021-22
- Sebastian Aho was a top contributor on Carolina last season, with 81 points in 79 games.
- Andrei Svechnikov had 30 goals and 39 assists to total 69 points (0.9 per game).
- Teuvo Teravainen scored 22 goals and added 43 assists in 77 games for Carolina.
- Frederik Andersen had a record of 35-14-3. He conceded 111 goals (2.2 goals against average) and recorded 1320 saves with a .922 save percentage (third-best in the league).
Sharks Team Leaders 2021-22
- Timo Meier’s 35 goals and 41 assists in 77 games for San Jose last season added up to 76 total points.
- Tomas Hertl was one of the top contributors for San Jose with 64 total points (0.8 per game), with 30 goals and 34 assists in 82 games.
- Logan Couture was a top player on offense for San Jose with 23 goals and 33 assists.
- James Reimer was 19-17-10 in 48 games last season, conceding 129 goals (2.9 goals against average) with a .911 save percentage (19th in the league).
Where To Watch Hurricanes vs. Sharks
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.