The Ottawa Senators (0-0-0) are road favorites (-121 moneyline odds to win) against the Buffalo Sabres (0-0-0, +101 moneyline odds). The contest on Thursday starts at 7:00 PM ET from KeyBank Center on ESPN+, TSN5, MSG-B, and RDS.
Senators vs. Sabres Predictions
Senators vs. Sabres Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Senators vs. Sabres Betting Trends
- The Senators recorded a 10-6 record a season ago as favorites on the moneyline.
- Last season, Ottawa was 7-5 (victorious in 58.3% of its games) when playing with moneyline odds of -121 or shorter.
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Senators have an implied probability of 54.8% to win.
- The Senators’ 224 goals scored last season (2.7 per game) ranked 26th in the NHL.
- Defensively, the Senators gave up 264 total goals (3.2 per game) to rank 22nd in NHL play.
- The Sabres were an underdog in 75 games last season, with 27 upset wins (36.0%).
- Buffalo had 71 games last season as an underdog by +101 or longer, and went 26-45.
- The moneyline set for this outing implies a 49.8% chance for the Sabres to win.
- With 229 goals (2.8 per game) last season, the Sabres had the NHL’s 23rd-ranked offense.
- The Sabres gave up 3.5 goals per game (287 in total), 25th in the league.
Senators vs. Sabres Over/Under Trends
- Last season, 31 of Ottawa’s games went over Thursday’s total of 6.5 goals.
- For Buffalo last season, 42 games finished with more goals than Thursday’s over/under of 6.5.
- The over/under for this game (6.5) is 1.0 more than the combined scoring averages for the Senators (2.73) and Sabres (2.79) last season.
- The 6.7 goals per game these two teams conceded on average are 0.2 more than the over/under for this contest.
Senators Team Leaders 2021-22
- Alex DeBrincat was one of Ottawa’s leading contributors last season with 78 points. He had 41 goals and 37 assists.
- Brady Tkachuk was another leading option for Ottawa with 68 points (0.9 per game), scoring 30 goals and adding 38 assists.
- Claude Giroux’s 64 points came from 21 goals and 43 assists.
- In 49 games, Cam Talbot had a record of 32-12-4. He conceded 132 goals (2.77 goals against average) and racked up 1355 saves.
Sabres Team Leaders 2021-22
- Tage Thompson scored 38 goals (0.5 per game) and collected 30 assists (0.4 per game) last season, contributing to the Buffalo offense with 68 total points (0.9 per game). He took 3.2 shots per game, shooting 15%.
- Jeff Skinner was a key piece of the offense for Buffalo with 63 total points last season. He scored 33 goals and added 30 assists in 80 games.
- Rasmus Dahlin was a key player on offense for Buffalo with 13 goals and 40 assists.
- Craig Anderson was 17-12-2 in 31 games last season, conceding 97 goals (3.1 goals against average) with an .897 save percentage (39th in the league).
Where To Watch Senators vs. Sabres
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.