The Houston Astros and Seattle Mariners square off for Game 3 of the ALDS, Saturday at 4:07 PM ET, at T-Mobile Park. The Astros lead 2-0 and would sweep with a win.
The Astros (-112 moneyline odds to win) play the Mariners (-108) in a projected tight matchup. The starting pitchers are Lance McCullers Jr. (4-2) for the Houston Astros, and George Kirby (1-1) for the Seattle Mariners. The matchup has an over/under set at 7 total runs.
Astros vs. Mariners Predictions
Astros vs. Mariners Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Astros vs. Mariners Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Houston was the moneyline favorite for each of its last 10 games, and went 7-3 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Astros and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total five times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Houston’s ATS record is 4-6-0 over its past 10 games.
- Seattle has played as the underdog in four of its past 10 games and has won two of those contests.
- The Mariners and their opponents have combined to hit the over six times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Seattle is 5-5-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Astros vs. Mariners Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Lance McCullers Jr.
- When McCullers starts, the Astros are 4-4-0 against the spread.
- The Astros are 5-2 in McCullers’ seven starts this season with Houston as the moneyline favorite.
- Over McCullers’ eight starts, his team is 5-3.
- McCullers has started eight games with a total this season. His team has gone under in each of them.
Projected starter: George Kirby
- When Kirby starts, his team is 2-1-0 against the spread this season.
- This will be his first game as the moneyline underdog this season.
- In games Kirby has started, his team is 2-1.
- Out of Kirby’s three starts with a total this season, one has hit the over.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Yordan Alvarez has accumulated a team-best batting average of .306, while pacing the Astros in home runs (37).
- In MLB play, Alvarez ranks sixth in home runs and 15th in RBI.
- Alvarez has safely hit in five straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .526 with four doubles, two home runs, a walk and eight RBI.
- Alex Bregman is batting .259 with 38 doubles, 23 home runs and 87 walks.
- Bregman currently ranks 50th in homers and 21st in RBI in the bigs.
- Bregman brings a four-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .250 with a home run, three walks and four RBI.
- Jose Altuve is batting .298 with 39 doubles, 28 home runs and 66 walks.
- Kyle Tucker has racked up 107 runs batted in to lead his team.
- Tucker heads into this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .200 with two home runs and four RBI.
Mariners Batting Leaders
- Julio Rodriguez leads Seattle in batting average (.282) this season while adding 28 home runs and 74 RBI.
- Rodriguez’s home run total ranks 27th in MLB, and he is 55th in RBI.
- Rodriguez brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .278 with two doubles, a triple, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Ty France has 153 hits and an OBP of .342 to go with a slugging percentage of .439 this season.
- France currently ranks 64th in home runs and 33rd in RBI in the major leagues.
- Eugenio Suarez leads the club in homers (31) and runs batted in (87) this season.
- J.P. Crawford is batting .243 with an OBP of .339 and a slugging percentage of .336 this season.
- Crawford enters this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .167 with two doubles, a home run, three walks and four RBI.
Where To Watch Astros vs. Mariners
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.