Thursday’s NHL matchup between the Florida Panthers (0-0-0) and the New York Islanders (0-0-0) at UBS Arena sees the Panthers as road favorites (-139 moneyline odds to win) against the Islanders (+116). The game starts at 7:30 PM ET on ESPN+, MSGSN, and BSFL.
Panthers vs. Islanders Predictions
Panthers vs. Islanders Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Panthers vs. Islanders Betting Trends
- Last season, the Panthers went 60-24 in games they played as favorites on the moneyline.
- Last season, Florida was 53-18 (victorious in 74.6% of its games) when it played with moneyline odds of -139 or shorter.
- The Panthers have a 58.2% chance (based on the moneyline’s implied probability) to win this game.
- The Panthers were the top-scoring squad in the NHL last season with 337 goals (4.1 per game, with 7.0 assists per contest).
- The Panthers allowed 242 total goals (3.0 per game), ranking 12th in NHL action in goals against.
- The Islanders were an underdog 40 times last season, and upset their opponent in 10, or 25.0%, of those games.
- New York was 6-18 as an underdog of +116 or longer on the moneyline last season.
- Sportsbooks have implied, based on the moneyline in this matchup, that the Islanders have a 46.3% chance to win.
- The Islanders’ 230 goals last season (2.8 per game) ranked them 22nd in the league.
- The Islanders’ total of 231 goals allowed (2.8 per game) was seventh in the NHL.
Panthers vs. Islanders Over/Under Trends
- Florida and its opponent combined to outscore Thursday’s total (6 goals) 62 times last season.
- There were 42 New York games with over 6 goals last season.
- These two teams combined for 6.9 goals per game last season, 0.91 more than the over/under for this contest.
- The 5.8 goals per game these two teams conceded are 0.2 less than the over/under set for this contest.
Panthers Team Leaders 2021-22
- Matthew Tkachuk was vital to Florida last season, with 104 points in 82 games.
- Aleksander Barkov Jr. was another leading option for Florida with 88 points (1.3 per game), scoring 39 goals and adding 49 assists.
- Sam Reinhart had 33 goals and 51 assists for Florida.
- Sergei Bobrovsky had a record of 39-7-3. He conceded 137 goals (2.7 goals against average) and recorded 1428 saves with a .912 save percentage (17th in the league).
Islanders Team Leaders 2021-22
- Mathew Barzal recorded 15 goals and 44 assists in 73 games for New York last season, resulting in 59 points.
- Brock Nelson was a top offensive contributor for New York with 59 total points last season. He scored 37 goals and added 22 assists in 72 games.
- Noah Dobson was a top player on offense for New York with 13 goals and 39 assists.
- Ilya Sorokin had a 25-18-8 record last season, with a .925 save percentage (second-best in the league). He gave up 123 goals (2.4 goals against average).
Where To Watch Panthers vs. Islanders
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.