Wednesday will feature an NHL contest between the home favorite Washington Capitals (0-0-0, -144 on the moneyline to win) and the Boston Bruins (0-0-0, +121 moneyline odds) at 7:00 PM ET on TNT.
Capitals vs. Bruins Predictions
Capitals vs. Bruins Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Capitals vs. Bruins Betting Trends
- In the 54 games the Capitals were the moneyline favorite a season ago they recorded a 30-24 win-loss record.
- Washington registered a 20-17 win-loss record last season in games it played with moneyline odds of -144 or shorter (54.1% win percentage).
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Capitals have an implied probability of 59.0% to win.
- The Capitals scored the 10th-most goals in the league last season (270 total, 3.3 per game).
- The Capitals were 12th in goals against, allowing 242 total goals (3.0 per game) in NHL action.
- The Bruins were an underdog in 26 games last season, with nine upset wins (34.6%).
- Boston won three of its seven games last season when an underdog by +121 or longer on the moneyline.
- The win probability for the Bruins, implied from the moneyline, is 45.2%.
- With 249 goals (3.0 per game) last season, the Bruins had the league’s 17th-ranked offense.
- The Bruins’ total of 222 goals conceded (2.7 per game) was fourth in the NHL.
Capitals vs. Bruins Over/Under Trends
- Washington and its opponent combined for more than Wednesday’s over/under of 6 goals 57 times last season.
- For Boston last season, 49 games finished with more goals than Wednesday’s over/under of 6.
- The Capitals scored 3.29 goals per game last season, compared to the Bruins’ 3.04, adding up to 0.3 more goals than this contest’s total of 6.
- The 5.7 goals per game these two teams conceded are 0.3 less than the over/under set for this contest.
Capitals Team Leaders 2021-22
- One of Washington’s leading offensive players last season was Alex Ovechkin, who had 91 points (50 goals, 41 assists) and played an average of 20:34 per game.
- In 79 games, Evgeny Kuznetsov had 24 goals and 54 assists.
- John Carlson had 17 goals and 54 assists for Washington.
- Darcy Kuemper (37-12-4) had a goals against average of 2.5 last season, and made 1616 saves. His .921 save percentage was fifth-best in the league.
Bruins Team Leaders 2021-22
- Brad Marchand scored 32 goals (0.5 per game) and collected 47 assists (0.7 per game) last season, fueling the Boston offense with 79 total points (1.1 per game). He averaged 3.5 shots per game, shooting 13.2%.
- David Pastrnak was a top offensive contributor for Boston with 77 total points last season. He scored 40 goals and added 37 assists in 72 games.
- Patrice Bergeron had 64 points, including 25 goals and 39 assists.
- Jeremy Swayman was 23-14-3 in 41 games last season, conceding 96 goals (2.4 goals against average) with a .914 save percentage (14th in the league).
Where To Watch Capitals vs. Bruins
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.