The New York Rangers (0-0-0) are slight favorites when they host the Tampa Bay Lightning (0-0-0) on Tuesday, October 11 at 7:30 PM ET on ESPN, ESPN+, TVAS, and SN1. The Rangers are -122 on the moneyline to win, while the Lightning have +101 moneyline odds.
Rangers vs. Lightning Predictions
Rangers vs. Lightning Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Rangers vs. Lightning Betting Trends
- The Rangers were victorious in 71.9% of their games when they were the moneyline favorite last season (41-16).
- New York finished 35-12 (74.5%) a season ago when playing with moneyline odds of -122 or better.
- Based on the moneyline in this matchup, the Rangers’ implied win probability is 55.0%.
- The Rangers ranked 15th in the league last season with 250 goals scored (3.0 per game).
- Defensively, the Rangers were one of the stingiest units in NHL action, giving up 204 total goals (only 2.5 per game) to rank second.
- The Lightning claimed an upset victory in 10, or 43.5%, of the 23 games they played as an underdog last season.
- Tampa Bay had 15 games last season as an underdog by +101 or longer, and went 7-8.
- The moneyline implies a 49.8% chance of victory for the Lightning.
- The Lightning were seventh in the league in scoring last season (285 goals, 3.5 per game).
- The Lightning’s total of 228 goals allowed (2.8 per game) was sixth in the NHL.
Rangers vs. Lightning Over/Under Trends
- New York and its opponent combined for more than Tuesday’s total of 5.5 goals 46 times last season.
- A total of 56 of Tampa Bay’s games finished with over 5.5 goals last season.
- The Rangers scored 3.05 goals per game last season, compared to the Lightning’s 3.48, adding up to 1.0 more goals than this contest’s over/under of 5.5.
- These two teams gave up a combined 5.3 goals per game, 0.2 less than this game’s over/under.
Rangers Team Leaders 2021-22
- A leading contributor last season for New York, Artemi Panarin scored 96 points in 75 games (22 goals and 74 assists).
- In 81 games, Mika Zibanejad had 30 goals and 52 assists.
- Chris Kreider’s 77 points came from 52 goals and 25 assists.
- Igor Shesterkin (36-13-4) had a 2.1 goals against average and a .935 save percentage (first in the league).
Lightning Team Leaders 2021-22
- Steven Stamkos collected 42 goals and 64 assists in 81 games for Tampa Bay last season, resulting in 106 points.
- Victor Hedman racked up 86 total points (1.0 per game) last season. He had 20 goals and 66 assists.
- Nikita Kucherov had 69 points, including 25 goals and 44 assists.
- Andrei Vasilevskiy was 39-18-5 in 63 games last season, conceding 156 goals (2.5 goals against average) with a .916 save percentage (12th in the league).
Where To Watch Rangers vs. Lightning
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.