The Houston Astros are at home for Game 2 of the ALDS versus the Seattle Mariners, Thursday at 3:37 PM ET. The Astros have a 1-0 series lead.
The Mariners (+250 underdog moneyline odds) are away versus the Astros (-228). The starting pitchers are Framber Valdez (17-6) for the Houston Astros, and Luis Castillo (8-6) for the Seattle Mariners. The contest has an over/under of 6.5.
Astros vs. Mariners Predictions
Astros vs. Mariners Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Astros vs. Mariners Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Houston was the moneyline favorite for each of its last 10 games, and went 7-3 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Astros and their opponents combined to hit the over six times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- Houston is 4-6-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Seattle has played as the underdog in three of its past 10 games and won two of those contests.
- The Mariners and their opponents have combined to hit the over six times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Seattle has a record of 5-5-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Astros vs. Mariners Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Framber Valdez
- The Astros have an 18-13-0 record against the spread in Valdez’s starts.
- The Astros are 20-8 in Valdez’s 28 starts this season with Houston as the moneyline favorite.
- Valdez’s team is 21-10 in his 31 starts.
- Valdez has started 31 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 13 of them.
Projected starter: Luis Castillo
- Castillo’s team is 15-11-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- His team is 9-4 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- Castillo’s team has a 15-11 record in his starts this season.
- In Castillo’s 26 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over nine times.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Yordan Alvarez leads the Astros with 37 home runs and has accumulated a team-best batting average of .306.
- In MLB, Alvarez ranks sixth in homers and 15th in RBI.
- Alvarez has safely hit in four games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .474 with four doubles, a home run, a walk and six RBI.
- Alex Bregman is hitting .259 with 38 doubles, 23 home runs and 87 walks.
- Bregman currently ranks 50th in home runs and 21st in RBI in the bigs.
- Bregman has safely hit in three games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .250 with a home run, three walks and three RBI.
- Jose Altuve is hitting .298 with 39 doubles, 28 home runs and 66 walks.
- Kyle Tucker has totaled 107 runs batted in to pace his team.
Mariners Batting Leaders
- Julio Rodriguez leads Seattle with a .282 batting average. He’s also hit 28 homers and has 74 RBI.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Rodriguez is 27th in homers and 55th in RBI.
- Ty France has collected 153 hits this season and has an OBP of .342. He’s slugging .439 on the year.
- Among all major league hitters, France is 64th in home runs and 33rd in RBI.
- France heads into this game on a five-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .333 with a double, a walk and four RBI.
- Eugenio Suarez leads the club in homers (31) and runs batted in (87) this season.
- Suarez heads into this game on a five-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .391 with two doubles, a home run and four RBI.
- J.P. Crawford is batting .243 with an OBP of .339 and a slugging percentage of .336 this season.
- Crawford has hit safely in two games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .158 with a double, a home run, three walks and four RBI.
Where To Watch Astros vs. Mariners
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.