The New York Mets and San Diego Padres take the field in Game 3 of the NL Wild Card Series at Citi Field, on Sunday at 7:07 PM ET, with the series tied 1-1. The winner will move on to the NLDS.
The Padres (+116 underdog moneyline odds) are away versus the Mets (-137). The starting pitchers are Chris Bassitt (15-9) for the New York Mets, and Joe Musgrove (10-7) for the San Diego Padres. The over/under for the game is 6.5 total runs.
Mets vs. Padres Predictions
Mets vs. Padres Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Mets vs. Padres Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- New York was the moneyline favorite in nine of its last 10 games, and went 5-4 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Mets and their opponents combined to go over the run total seven times.
- New York’s ATS record is 4-6-0 over its past 10 games.
- San Diego has played as the underdog in four of its past 10 games and won one of those contests.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Padres and their opponents are 5-4-1 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Over its last 10 games, San Diego is 5-5-0 against the spread.
Mets vs. Padres Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Chris Bassitt
- When Bassitt starts, the Mets have gone 18-12-0 against the spread.
- The Mets have been favored on the moneyline in 21 of Bassitt’s starts this season, and they went 16-5 in those games.
- Bassitt’s team is 20-10 over his 30 starts.
- Bassitt’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in 18 of 30 contests.
Projected starter: Joe Musgrove
- When Musgrove starts, his team is 15-15-0 against the spread this season.
- When he is the starting pitcher, San Diego has a record of 4-4 this season when they are the underdog on the moneyline.
- Musgrove’s team is 19-11 when he starts this season.
- Games Musgrove has started this season hit the over 18 times in 30 chances.
Mets Batting Leaders
- Pete Alonso leads the Mets with 40 home runs and 131 runs batted in.
- Alonso ranks third in home runs and first in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Alonso has safely hit in seven straight games. In his last 10 games he is hitting .371 with a double, three home runs, seven walks and nine RBI.
- Francisco Lindor is batting .270 with 25 doubles, five triples, 26 home runs and 59 walks.
- Lindor ranks 39th in home runs and fifth in RBI among hitters in MLB action.
- Brandon Nimmo is hitting .274 with 30 doubles, seven triples, 16 home runs and 71 walks.
- Nimmo takes a seven-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 outings he is batting .436 with two doubles, a triple, two home runs, five walks and seven RBI.
- Jeff McNeil has a club-best .326 batting average.
- McNeil brings a 12-game hitting streak into this game. During his last nine outings he is batting .432 with two doubles, two home runs, two walks and five RBI.
Padres Batting Leaders
- Manny Machado is batting .298 with 32 home runs and 102 RBI. All three of those stats are tops among San Diego hitters this season.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Machado is 15th in home runs and ninth in RBI.
- Juan Soto has collected 127 hits this season and has an OBP of .401. He’s slugging .452 on the year.
- Among all major league hitters, Soto is 31st in homers and 97th in RBI.
- Josh Bell is slashing .266/.362/.422 this season for the Padres.
- Bell heads into this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .154 with a home run, four walks and three RBI.
- Jake Cronenworth has collected 141 hits this season and has an OBP of .333. He’s slugging .394 on the year.
Where To Watch Mets vs. Padres
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.