The No. 16 Mississippi State Bulldogs (5-1) and their fifth-ranked pass offense will play the No. 22 Kentucky Wildcats (4-1) and the 17th-ranked pass defense on Saturday, October 15, 2022. The Bulldogs are favored by 6.5 points. The over/under for the outing is 47.5 points.
Mississippi State vs. Kentucky Predictions
Mississippi State vs. Kentucky Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Mississippi State vs. Kentucky: Last 3 Games
- Mississippi State has two wins against the spread, and is 3-0 overall, in its last three games.
- Mississippi State has gone over the total in each of its past three contests.
- The Bulldogs and their opponents have combined to score an average of 51.3 points in their last three games, 3.8 more than the 47.5 over/under in this matchup.
- In its last three contests, Kentucky has one win against the spread, and is 3-0 overall.
- Kentucky has hit the over once in its past three games.
- The Wildcats and their opponents have combined to score an average of 51.0 combined points in their last three games, 3.5 more than the 47.5 over/under in this matchup.
Mississippi State vs. Kentucky Betting Trends
- Mississippi State has covered the spread four times over six games with a set spread.
- In games this season when favored by 6.5 points or more, the Bulldogs are 3-0-1 against the spread.
- This season, Mississippi State’s games have hit the over four times.
- Mississippi State is 5-1 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 83.3% of those games).
- Mississippi State has won all four games it has played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -239 or shorter.
- Kentucky has covered the spread four times in six games with a set total.
- Kentucky has a perfect 1-0 ATS record when playing as at least 6.5-point underdogs.
- Games involving Kentucky has hit the over once this year.
- Kentucky has split the two games it has played as underdogs this season.
- Kentucky has played as an underdog of +190 or more once this season and lost that game.
Mississippi State vs. Kentucky: Over/Under Trends
- A total of Mississippi State games this season have gone over Saturday’s total of 47.5 points.
- This season, Kentucky has played two games with a combined score over 47.5 points.
- The over/under for the game of 47.5 is 19.8 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Bulldogs (38.5 points per game) and the Wildcats (28.8 points per game).
- The 35.8 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 11.7 fewer than the 47.5 total in this contest.
- On average, the Bulldogs have seen a 53.8 over/under in their games this season, 6.3 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this game is 4.2 points fewer than the average over/under in Wildcats’ games this season (51.7 points).
Mississippi State Players to Watch
- Will Rogers has thrown for 2,110 yards (351.7 ypg) to lead Mississippi State, completing 71.4% of his passes and recording 22 touchdown passes and three interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Dillon Johnson, has carried the ball 67 times for 402 yards (67.0 per game), with three touchdowns this year. He’s also caught 27 passes for 199 yards (33.2 per game).
- This season Jo’Quavious Marks has racked up 52 carries for 245 yards (40.8 per game) and five touchdowns, while also catching 23 passes for 140 yards (23.3 per game).
- Rara Thomas’ team-leading 368 receiving yards (61.3 yards per game) have come on 21 receptions with three touchdowns.
- Caleb Ducking has racked up 322 receiving yards (53.7 yards per game) and seven touchdowns, hauling in 28 passes this year.
- Rufus Harvey’s 27 catches have netted him 271 yards (45.2 ypg) and two touchdowns.
Kentucky Players to Watch
- Will Levis has 1,405 passing yards (234.2 ypg) to lead Kentucky, completing 68.8% of his passes and recording 12 touchdown passes and four interceptions this season.
- Kavosiey Smoke has carried the ball 53 times for a team-high 269 yards (44.8 per game), with one touchdown this year.
- This season Christopher Rodriguez Jr. has taken 41 carries for 198 yards (33.0 per game) and one touchdown.
- Tayvion Robinson’s 392 receiving yards (65.3 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s registered 25 receptions and three touchdowns.
- Dane Key has put together a 291-yard season so far (48.5 receiving yards per game) with three touchdowns, reeling in 19 passes.
- Barion Brown’s 17 receptions have turned into 288 yards (48.0 ypg) and two touchdowns.
Where To Watch Mississippi State vs. Kentucky
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.