A pair of Sun Belt teams meet when the Marshall Thundering Herd (3-2) take on the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns (2-3) on Wednesday, October 12, 2022 at Joan C. Edwards Stadium. The Thundering Herd are favored by 7.5 points. An over/under of 47.5 points has been set for the outing.
Marshall vs. Louisiana Predictions
Marshall vs. Louisiana Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Marshall vs. Louisiana: Last 3 Games
- Marshall has no wins against the spread and is 1-2 overall over its last three games.
- In its past three contests, Marshall has gone over the total once.
- The Thundering Herd have averaged a total of 52.5 combined points in their last three games, five greater than this game’s total of 47.5.
- Louisiana has one win against the spread, and is 1-2 overall, over its last three contests.
- Louisiana has gone over the total once in its past three games.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns total over the last three games is 2.7 points greater than the 47.5 over/under listed for this matchup.
Marshall vs. Louisiana Betting Trends
- Marshall has covered the spread two times this season (2-3-0).
- The Thundering Herd have an ATS record of 1-2 when playing as at least 7.5-point favorites.
- Games involving Marshall have hit the over once this season.
- Marshall has been favored on the moneyline three total times this season. They’ve finished 1-2 in those games.
- Marshall has played as a moneyline favorite of -320 or shorter in only two games this season, and it split 1-1.
- Louisiana has put together a record of 3-2-0 against the spread this season.
- Louisiana has a perfect 1-0 ATS record when playing as at least 7.5-point underdogs.
- Louisiana games have gone over the total twice this year.
- Louisiana lost the only game it has played as the underdog this season.
- Louisiana has played as an underdog of +249 or more once this season and lost that game.
Marshall vs. Louisiana: Over/Under Trends
- Marshall and its opponents have combined to score more than 47.5 points in a game twice this season.
- This season, two Louisiana games have ended with more combined scoring than Wednesday’s point total of 47.5.
- The over/under for the matchup of 47.5 is 7.5 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Thundering Herd (29.4 points per game) and the Ragin’ Cajuns (25.6 points per game).
- The 36.6 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 10.9 fewer than the 47.5 total in this contest.
- The Thundering Herd have seen a 52.9 average over/under in their games this season, 5.4 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of six points separates the average total points bet in Ragin’ Cajuns’ games (53.5 points) and this contest’s over/under (47.5 points).
Marshall Players to Watch
- Henry Colombi has thrown for 875 yards (175 ypg) to lead Marshall, completing 73.7% of his passes and recording six touchdown passes and three interceptions this season.
- Khalan Laborn has carried the ball 132 times for a team-high 731 yards (146.2 per game), with eight touchdowns this year.
- This season Ethan Payne has piled up 129 yards (25.8 per game) on 19 carries with two touchdowns.
- Corey Gammage’s 196 receiving yards (39.2 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s registered 19 receptions and three touchdowns.
- Caleb McMillan has put together a 171-yard season so far (34.2 receiving yards per game) with one touchdown, reeling in nine passes.
- Talik Keaton’s 16 receptions have yielded 161 yards (32.2 ypg).
Louisiana Players to Watch
- Chandler Fields has 608 passing yards (121.6 ypg) to lead Louisiana, completing 56.2% of his passes and collecting seven touchdown passes and three interceptions this season.
- Chris Smith has carried the ball 46 times for a team-high 261 yards (52.2 per game), with two touchdowns this year. He has also caught 15 passes for 107 yards (21.4 per game).
- This season Terrence Williams has rushed for 119 yards (23.8 per game) on 35 carries.
- Michael Jefferson’s team-leading 280 receiving yards (56 yards per game) have come on 20 receptions with two touchdowns.
- Neal Johnson’s 11 receptions have yielded 104 yards (20.8 ypg) and one touchdown.
Where To Watch Marshall vs. Louisiana
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.