The Nashville Predators (1-0-0) square off against the San Jose Sharks (0-1-0) on Saturday, October 8 at 2:00 PM ET on BSSO, NBCS-CA, and NHL Network.
Predators vs. Sharks Predictions
Predators vs. Sharks Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Predators vs. Sharks Betting Trends
- In the 44 games the Predators were the moneyline favorite last season they tallied a 26-18 win-loss record.
- In games it played with moneyline odds of -180 or stronger last season, Nashville compiled a 13-5 record (winning 72.2% of its games).
- Based on this contest’s moneyline, the Predators have an implied probability of 64.3% to win.
- The Predators ranked 12th in the NHL last season with 262 goals scored (3.2 per game).
- The Predators allowed 250 total goals (3.0 per game), ranking 17th in league action in goals against.
- The Sharks were an underdog 60 times last season, and upset their opponent 18 times.
- San Jose had 26 games last season as an underdog by +151 or longer, and went 6-20.
- Oddsmakers have implied, based on the moneyline for this matchup, that the Sharks have a 39.8% chance to win.
- The Sharks had 211 goals last season (2.6 per game), 30th in the NHL.
- The Sharks’ total of 261 goals allowed (3.2 per game) was 21st in the NHL.
Predators vs. Sharks Over/Under Trends
- Last season, 52 of Nashville’s games went over Saturday’s total of 6 goals.
- There were 37 San Jose games with over 6 goals last season.
- The over/under for this game (6) is 0.2 more than the combined scoring averages for the Predators (3.20) and Sharks (2.57) last season.
- This game’s total is 0.2 less than the 6.2 goals these two teams conceded per game combined.
Predators Team Leaders 2021-22
- Roman Josi was one of Nashville’s top contributors last season with 96 points. He had 23 goals and 73 assists.
- In 78 games, Matt Duchene had 43 goals and 43 assists.
- Filip Forsberg’s 84 points came from 42 goals and 42 assists.
- Juuse Saros had a record of 38-25-3. He conceded 173 goals (2.6 goals against average) and racked up 1934 saves with a .918 save percentage (eighth-best in the league).
Sharks Team Leaders 2021-22
- Timo Meier racked up 76 points (1.0 per game) for San Jose last season, with 35 goals and 41 assists in 77 games (playing 19:10 per game).
- Tomas Hertl was one of the top contributors for San Jose with 64 total points (0.8 per game), with 30 goals and 34 assists in 82 games.
- Logan Couture had 23 goals last season, plus 33 assists.
- James Reimer was 19-17-10 in 48 games last season, conceding 129 goals (2.9 goals against average) with a .911 save percentage (19th in the league).
Where To Watch Predators vs. Sharks
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.