The Cleveland Guardians and Tampa Bay Rays meet in the second game of the AL Wild Card Series at Progressive Field, Saturday at 12:07 PM ET. The Guardians have a 1-0 series lead as they look to move on to the ALDS.
The Guardians are projected as a close favorite (-114 moneyline odds) against the Rays (-105). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Cleveland Guardians looking to Triston McKenzie (11-11), and Tyler Glasnow answering the bell for the Tampa Bay Rays. The game’s total is set at 6.
Guardians vs. Rays Predictions
Guardians vs. Rays Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Guardians vs. Rays Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Cleveland has a 6-3 record from the nine games it was moneyline favorites over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Guardians and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total seven times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Cleveland is 5-5-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Tampa Bay has played as the underdog in seven of its past 10 games and has won two of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Rays and their opponents have failed to hit the over seven times.
- Tampa Bay has five wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Guardians vs. Rays Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Triston McKenzie
- The Guardians are 17-16-0 ATS in McKenzie’s 33 starts that had a set spread.
- The Guardians have been the moneyline favorite in 20 of McKenzie’s starts this season, and they went 13-7 in those matchups.
- McKenzie’s team has put together a 19-11 record in his 30 starts.
- McKenzie has started 33 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in 14 of them.
Projected starter: Tyler Glasnow
- Glasnow has a record of 1-1-0 ATS in two starts with a spread this season.
- His team lost his only start as an underdog this season.
- Glasnow’s team is 0-2 when he starts this season.
- In the two games with a total started by Glasnow this season, the teams did not hit the over both times.
Guardians Batting Leaders
- Jose Ramirez has racked up a team-best 29 home runs and 126 runs batted in.
- Ramirez ranks 24th in home runs and third in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Ramirez has safely hit in six games in a row. During his last 10 games he is batting .326 with two doubles, a triple, two home runs, two walks and 11 RBI.
- Steven Kwan has a club-high .298 batting average.
- Kwan ranks 266th in home runs among hitters in MLB play and 136th in RBI.
- Amed Rosario is hitting .283 with 26 doubles, nine triples, 11 home runs and 25 walks.
- Rosario has safely hit in four games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .350 with an RBI.
- Andres Gimenez is hitting .295 with 26 doubles, three triples, 17 home runs and 34 walks.
Rays Batting Leaders
- Yandy Diaz leads Tampa Bay with a .296 batting average. He’s also hit nine homers and has 57 RBI.
- Diaz is 203rd in homers and 117th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Randy Arozarena leads Tampa Bay in home runs (20) and runs batted in (89) this season while batting .263.
- Arozarena ranks 64th in homers and 24th in RBI among all hitters in the major leagues.
- Harold Ramirez is slashing .300/.343/.404 this season for the Rays.
- Isaac Paredes’ 20 home runs are most among Tampa Bay batters. He’s driven in 45 runs this season while slugging .435.
Where To Watch Guardians vs. Rays
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.