The Philadelphia Phillies will visit the St. Louis Cardinals in the opening game of the NL Wild Card Series at 2:07 PM ET on Friday.
Oddsmakers project the Phillies as a tight favorite (-111 on the moneyline) against the Cardinals (-109). The Phillies will start Zack Wheeler (12-7) versus the Cardinals and Jose Quintana (6-7). The contest has an over/under of 7.
Phillies vs. Cardinals Predictions
Phillies vs. Cardinals Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Phillies vs. Cardinals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Philadelphia was the moneyline favorite for eight of its last 10 games, and went 4-4 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 outings (11 of them had set totals), the Phillies and their opponents combined to go over the run total five times.
- Philadelphia’s ATS record is 6-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- St. Louis has played as the underdog in four of its past 10 games and lost each of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Cardinals and their opponents have combined to hit the over five times.
- St. Louis has a record of 2-8-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Phillies vs. Cardinals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Zack Wheeler
- The Phillies have a 12-14-0 ATS record in Wheeler’s 26 starts with a set spread.
- The Phillies are 12-10 in Wheeler’s 22 starts this season with Philadelphia as the moneyline favorite.
- Wheeler’s team is 14-12 in his 26 starts.
- Wheeler has started 26 contests with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 13 of them.
Projected starter: José Quintana
- Quintana and his team are 20-13-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- His team is 10-11 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- Quintana’s team has a 19-13 record in his starts this season.
- In games Quintana has started this season, the teams are 14-16-3 at hitting the over.
Phillies Batting Leaders
- Kyle Schwarber leads the Phillies in home runs (46) and runs batted in (94).
- Among hitters in MLB play, Schwarber ranks second in home runs and 19th in RBI.
- J.T. Realmuto is batting .274 with 26 doubles, five triples, 22 home runs and 41 walks.
- Realmuto ranks 55th in home runs and 33rd in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Realmuto has safely hit in five games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .389 with two doubles, a home run and two RBI.
- Rhys Hoskins is hitting .246 with 33 doubles, two triples, 30 home runs and 72 walks.
- Alec Bohm’s .278 batting average paces his team.
Cardinals Batting Leaders
- Paul Goldschmidt leads St. Louis in home runs with 35, runs batted in with 115 and his batting average of .317 is also best on his team.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Goldschmidt is eighth in homers and fourth in RBI.
- Nolan Arenado has collected 163 hits this season and has an OBP of .358. He’s slugging .533 on the year.
- Arenado currently is 21st in homers and seventh in RBI in the major leagues.
- Tommy Edman is slashing .265/.324/.400 this season for the Cardinals.
- Edman heads into this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .357 with two doubles, three walks and an RBI.
- Albert Pujols is batting .270 with an OBP of .345 and a slugging percentage of .550 this season.
- Pujols has safely hit in five games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .500 with a double, three home runs, two walks and 10 RBI.
Where To Watch Phillies vs. Cardinals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.