The Tampa Bay Rays (86-75) take a four-game losing run into a road matchup versus the Boston Red Sox (77-84), at 4:10 PM ET on Wednesday.
Oddsmakers project the Rays as a small favorite (-115 on the moneyline) against the Red Sox (-104). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Tampa Bay Rays looking to Josh Fleming, and Nick Pivetta (10-12) taking the ball for the Boston Red Sox. The matchup has an over/under set at 8 total runs.
Rays vs. Red Sox Predictions
Rays vs. Red Sox Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Rays vs. Red Sox Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Tampa Bay was the moneyline favorite five times over the last 10 games, but fell in each matchup.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Rays and their opponents combined to go over the total three times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Tampa Bay’s ATS record is 4-6-0 over its past 10 games.
- Boston has played as the underdog in six of its past 10 games and has gone 2-4 in those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Red Sox and their opponents are 5-5-0 when it comes to hitting the over.
- Over its last 10 games, Boston is 5-5-0 against the spread.
Rays vs. Red Sox Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Josh Fleming
- Fleming and his team were underdogs on the moneyline in every game he pitched a season ago.
Projected starter: Nick Pivetta
- Pivetta and his team have a record of 17-15-0 against the spread when he starts.
- His team has won 29.4% of his starts when they are underdogs on the moneyline (5-12).
- Pivetta’s team has won 14 of his 32 starts this season.
- In Pivetta’s 32 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over 20 times.
Rays Batting Leaders
- Yandy Diaz has put up a team-high batting average of .296.
- Diaz’s home runs rank 202nd in MLB and he ranks 116th in RBI in MLB.
- Randy Arozarena has shown off his power as he paces his team with 20 home runs and 89 runs batted in.
- Arozarena ranks 62nd in home runs and 24th in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Harold Ramirez has 24 doubles, six home runs and 19 walks while hitting .302.
- Isaac Paredes has shown off his power as he paces his team with 20 home runs.
Red Sox Batting Leaders
- Rafael Devers is batting .295 this season with a team-high 27 home runs and 88 RBI.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Devers ranks 30th in homers and 26th in RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts leads Boston in batting with a .305 average while slugging 15 homers and driving in 73 runs.
- Bogaerts is 112th in home runs and 57th in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Alex Verdugo has collected 166 base hits, an OBP of .330 and a slugging percentage of .407 this season.
- J.D. Martinez has collected 144 hits this season and has an OBP of .340. He’s slugging .436 on the year.
Where To Watch Rays vs. Red Sox
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.