The Houston Astros (105-56) and Philadelphia Phillies (87-74) square off on Wednesday at 4:10 PM ET at Minute Maid Park, attempting to break a 1-1 series tie.
The Phillies are an underdog (+157 on the moneyline) when they take on the Astros (-186). The Houston Astros will give the start to Framber Valdez (16-6, 2.84 ERA), who is looking for win No. 17 on the season, and the Phillies will turn to Bailey Falter (6-4, 3.90 ERA). The contest has a set total of 7.5.
Astros vs. Phillies Predictions
Astros vs. Phillies Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Astros vs. Phillies Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Houston has a 6-4 record from the 10 games it was moneyline favorites over its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings (all had set totals), the Astros combined with their opponents to go over the run total six times.
- Houston’s ATS record is 4-6-0 over its past 10 games.
- In three games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Philadelphia has a record of 1-2.
- In their last 11 games with a total, the Phillies and their opponents are 6-5-0 when it comes to hitting the over.
- Over its last 10 games, Philadelphia is 6-5-0 against the spread.
Astros vs. Phillies Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Framber Valdez
- The Astros have an 18-12-0 ATS record in Valdez’s 30 starts that had a set spread.
- The Astros are 19-8 in Valdez’s 27 starts this season with Houston as the moneyline favorite.
- Valdez’s team is 20-10 in his 30 starts.
- Valdez has started 30 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in 13 of them.
Projected starter: Bailey Falter
- When Falter starts, his team is 9-6-0 against the spread this season.
- When he is the starting pitcher, Philadelphia has a record of 4-3 this season when they are the underdog on the moneyline.
- Falter’s team has won 11 of his 15 starts.
- Out of Falter’s 15 starts with a total this season, five have hit the over.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Yordan Alvarez has racked up a team-high batting average of .304, while pacing the Astros in home runs (37).
- In MLB action, Alvarez ranks sixth in home runs and 16th in RBI.
- Alvarez heads into this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .316 with five doubles and a walk.
- Alex Bregman is hitting .259 with 38 doubles, 23 home runs and 86 walks.
- Bregman ranks 50th in home runs among hitters in MLB play and 20th in RBI.
- Jose Altuve has 39 doubles, 28 home runs and 66 walks while batting .298.
- Kyle Tucker’s 107 runs batted in lead his team.
Phillies Batting Leaders
- Kyle Schwarber leads Philadelphia in home runs (46) and runs batted in (94) this season while batting .219.
- Among all batters in the majors, Schwarber’s home run total is second, and his RBI total is 19th.
- Schwarber brings a four-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .444 with a triple, four home runs, five walks and seven RBI.
- J.T. Realmuto has 137 hits and an OBP of .339 to go with a slugging percentage of .476 this season.
- Realmuto is 54th in homers and 33rd in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Realmuto has safely hit in four games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .300 with two doubles, a home run and two RBI.
- Rhys Hoskins is slashing .247/.334/.464 this season for the Phillies.
- Alec Bohm leads Philadelphia in batting average (.279) this season while adding 13 home runs and 72 RBI.
Where To Watch Astros vs. Phillies
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.