The Cleveland Guardians (91-70) host the Kansas City Royals (65-95) on Wednesday at Progressive Field, at 4:10 PM ET.
The favored Guardians (-191 moneyline odds) take the field at home against the Royals (+164). The Guardians will start Aaron Civale (4-6) against the Royals and Jonathan Heasley (4-9). The over/under for this game is set at 7.5.
Guardians vs. Royals Predictions
Guardians vs. Royals Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Guardians vs. Royals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Cleveland played as the moneyline favorite for nine of its last 10 games, and finished 6-3 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings — all had a set run total — the Guardians and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total seven times.
- Cleveland has put together a 6-4-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In 10 games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by sportsbooks, Kansas City has a record of 3-7.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Royals and their opponents have failed to hit the over twice.
- Kansas City has six wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Guardians vs. Royals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Aaron Civale
- The Guardians have gone 12-7-0 ATS in Civale’s 19 starts with a set spread.
- The Guardians won each of Civale’s six starts this season that they were the moneyline favorite.
- Civale’s team has put together an 11-8 record in his 19 starts.
- Civale’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in 11 of 19 contests.
Projected starter: Jonathan Heasley
- Heasley and his team are 9-12-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- When he starts a game and his team is the underdog on the moneyline, they have a record of 6-14.
- Heasley’s team has won six of his 20 starts this season.
- Games Heasley has started this season hit the over 12 times in 21 chances.
Guardians Batting Leaders
- Jose Ramirez paces the Guardians with 29 home runs and 124 runs batted in.
- Among all batters in MLB play, Ramirez’s home run total ranks 24th and his RBI tally ranks third.
- Ramirez takes a four-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .263 with a double, a home run, two walks and five RBI.
- Steven Kwan’s .299 batting average leads his team.
- Among all MLB hitters, Kwan ranks 266th in home runs and 136th in RBI.
- Amed Rosario is batting .283 with 26 doubles, nine triples, 11 home runs and 25 walks.
- Rosario takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .375 with two RBI.
- Andres Gimenez has 26 doubles, three triples, 17 home runs and 34 walks while hitting .298.
Royals Batting Leaders
- Bobby Witt Jr. is batting .254 with 80 RBI, both of which lead Kansas City hitters this season.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Witt Jr.’s home run total is 62nd, and his RBI total is 39th.
- Witt Jr. has safely hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .190 with two walks.
- Salvador Perez leads Kansas City in home runs with 23 while driving in 76 runs and slugging .465.
- Perez ranks 50th in homers and 46th in RBI among all batters in the major leagues.
- MJ Melendez has 100 hits this season and a slash line of .219/.315/.397.
- Hunter Dozier has collected 109 hits this season and has an OBP of .292. He’s slugging .387 on the year.
Where To Watch Guardians vs. Royals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.