The Detroit Tigers (65-93) ride a three-game winning streak into a home contest versus the Seattle Mariners (87-72), at 6:10 PM ET on Tuesday.
The favored Mariners (-177 moneyline odds to win) play at home against the Tigers (+147). The Seattle Mariners will give the start to Chris Flexen (8-9, 3.64 ERA), who is looking for win No. 9 on the season, and the Tigers will counter with Eduardo Rodriguez (5-5, 4.02 ERA). The matchup has an over/under set at 7 total runs.
Mariners vs. Tigers Predictions
Mariners vs. Tigers Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Mariners vs. Tigers Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Seattle was the moneyline favorite for nine of its last 10 games, and went 5-4 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Mariners and their opponents combined to go over the run total four times.
- Seattle has put together a 2-8-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Detroit has played as the underdog in seven of its past 10 games and has gone 6-1 in those contests.
- The Tigers and their opponents have combined to hit the over three times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Over its last 10 games, Detroit is 7-3-0 against the spread.
Mariners vs. Tigers Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Chris Flexen
- The Mariners are 10-11-0 ATS in Flexen’s 21 starts with a set spread.
- The Mariners have been favored on the moneyline in seven of Flexen’s starts this season, and they went 5-2 in those games.
- Flexen’s team has a 10-11 record in his starts this season.
- Flexen has started 21 contests with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in eight of them.
Projected starter: Eduardo Rodriguez
- When Rodríguez starts, his team is 10-6-0 against the spread this season.
- When he starts a game and his team is the underdog on the moneyline, they have a record of 4-10.
- Rodríguez’s team has won six of his 16 starts.
- In games Rodríguez has started this season, the teams are 9-5-2 at hitting the over.
Mariners Batting Leaders
- Ty France is batting .277 with 27 doubles, a triple, 20 home runs and 34 walks.
- In MLB play, France ranks 62nd in home runs and 35th in RBI.
- Julio Rodriguez’s .282 batting average paces his team.
- Julio Rodriguez ranks 30th in homers and 57th in RBI among hitters in MLB.
- Julio Rodriguez has hit safely in three straight games. In his last five games he is batting .412 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- Eugenio Suarez leads the Mariners in home runs (31) and runs batted in (86).
- J.P. Crawford is batting .245 with 24 doubles, three triples, six home runs and 67 walks.
Tigers Batting Leaders
- Javier Baez leads Detroit in batting average (.239), home runs (17) and runs batted in (66) this season.
- In all of MLB, Baez is 85th in home runs and 74th in RBI.
- Baez heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .250 with two home runs and five RBI.
- Harold Castro has 113 hits and an OBP of .301 to go with a slugging percentage of .383 this season.
- Castro ranks 242nd in home runs and 164th in RBI among all MLB batters this year.
- Jeimer Candelario has 88 hits this season and a slash line of .211/.269/.360.
- Candelario takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .313 with two doubles, two walks and two RBI.
- Jonathan Schoop has collected 96 hits this season and has an OBP of .240. He’s slugging .326 on the year.
Where To Watch Mariners vs. Tigers
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.