The Philadelphia Phillies (87-73) bring a three-game win streak into a home matchup versus the Houston Astros (104-56), at 8:10 PM ET on Tuesday.
The Astros are favored at home (-181) against the Phillies (+155). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Houston Astros looking to Justin Verlander (17-4), and Ranger Suarez (10-6) answering the bell for the Philadelphia Phillies. The game’s total is set at 7.
Astros vs. Phillies Predictions
Astros vs. Phillies Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Astros vs. Phillies Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Houston went 5-5 over the 10 games it was favored on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Astros and their opponents combined to go over the total five times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Houston has put together a 3-7-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Philadelphia has played as the underdog in three of its past 10 games and has won one of those contests.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Phillies and their opponents are 6-5-0 in their last 11 games with a total.
- Philadelphia has a record of 6-5-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Astros vs. Phillies Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Justin Verlander
- The Astros have a 16-11-0 record against the spread in Verlander’s starts.
- The Astros are 18-7 in Verlander’s 25 starts this season with Houston as the moneyline favorite.
- Verlander’s team has won 19 of his 27 starts.
- Verlander has had 27 starts that bookmakers set a total for this season, and six of those outings hit the over.
Projected starter: Ranger Suárez
- Suarez and his team are 14-14-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- His team has won 61.5% of his starts when they are underdogs on the moneyline (8-5).
- Suarez’s team has won 17 of his 28 starts this season.
- Games Suarez has started this season hit the over 17 times in 28 chances.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Yordan Alvarez paces the Astros with 37 home runs while accumulating a team-best batting average of .301.
- Among all batters in MLB action, Alvarez’s home run total ranks sixth and his RBI tally ranks 16th.
- Alex Bregman is hitting .259 with 38 doubles, 23 home runs and 85 walks.
- Among all MLB hitters, Bregman ranks 50th in home runs and 23rd in RBI.
- Jose Altuve has 37 doubles, 28 home runs and 66 walks while hitting .294.
- Kyle Tucker has totaled 104 runs batted in to lead his team.
Phillies Batting Leaders
- Kyle Schwarber is batting .219 this season with a team-high 46 home runs and 94 RBI.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Schwarber’s home run total is second, and his RBI total is 19th.
- Schwarber has hit safely in four straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .444 with a triple, four home runs, five walks and seven RBI.
- J.T. Realmuto has collected 137 hits this season and has an OBP of .339. He’s slugging .476 on the year.
- Realmuto ranks 54th in home runs and 33rd in RBI among all major league hitters this year.
- Realmuto takes a four-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .300 with two doubles, a home run and two RBI.
- Rhys Hoskins has 145 hits this season and a slash line of .247/.334/.464.
- Alec Bohm leads Philadelphia with a batting average of .279. He’s also hit 13 home runs with 72 RBI.
Where To Watch Astros vs. Phillies
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.